七 ; The Mugen Train

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

NOTES

Enjoy :)

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

— LOWER ONE WAS PROMPTLY STABBED by a spine appendage from Muzan's arm, his neck penetrated by the pointed end.

The demon struggled for breath, and fell forwards at the force of the blood rushing through his veins. He writhed and shivered in agony, yet a masochistic smile still remained apparent on his face.

"That's more like it." Muzan smiles. "I'll give you a generous amount of my blood, although you may not be able to handle its magnitude and die."

Lower One continued to choke on Muzan's blood, the power only getting stronger at every beat of his heart.

"If you do manage to acclimate, you are certain to become stronger. Then you are to make yourself useful. . . by killing Hashira of the Demon Slayers."

In the background, Hikari deadpans.
'I'm hoping he doesn't mean me, I don't want to end up having to kill Lower One. Having only six members of a twelve-member group is quite sad.'

"If you are able to kill the Demon Slayer wearing hanafuda earrings, I will give you even more of my blood."

Hikari's short-lived deadpan expression turned to concern.
'Wait. . . he's going to kill Tanjiro? Shit. . . surely he won't be able to, right? I hope not. . .'

Lower One gasped, smiling.

Suddenly, Nakime played multiple chords on her biwa, signaling the ending of the meeting. Muzan disappeared behind a multitude of shoji doors, and Lower One fell out of the Infinity Castle.

"You know, Nakime, you should do a performance sometime. Just for me and the Upper Ranks."

「 ☁️ 」
‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒
「 ☁️ 」

PRESENT DAY
/ 現在 \

— "RENGOKU-SAN!" HIKARI CALLS to the Flame Hashira just a few paces ahead.

"Oh, Kyoudo-san! What can I do for you?" Rengoku turns around, smiling.

"You're traveling to the Mugen Train, correct?" Hikari tilts her head, the wind chimes on her hat sounding their notes.

"Indeed I am! I have been tasked by the Master himself!" Rengoku grins proudly.

"Well, as requested by Kocho-san, the three Tsuguko I have been instructed to undertake are joining you, as well as myself." Hikari folds her arms.