07: Saguru Hakuba, You are Ruthless!

International great magician? He had never thought that far. He simply wanted to focus on the present...

...to make Saguru Hakuba and Akako Koizumi face their consequences.

12pm. Just before the meeting at Hakuba Entertainment. Saguru Hakuba, who hadn't had lunch with Kaito Kuroba for a long time, suddenly decided to take him out to the fancy restaurant downstairs. He even booked a table and organized a candlelit lunch. Looking at the roses paired with the candles, Kaito Kuroba had no reaction. He sat down as Saguru Hakuba pulled out his chair.

"I have ordered your favorite sirloin steak..."

Kaito Kuroba was surprised for a moment, he was speechless. It turned out, even after 5 years of being together, Han Yufan still did not know what he liked.

"What is it? You don't like it?"

Just as Kaito Kuroba was about to respond, the chef appeared beside them holding a tray. He turned to Kaito Kuroba, "Mr Kid, today, we have your favorite fillet steak. I would like to represent the Frederick's Restaurant in congratulating you on your wedding..."

Upon hearing this, Saguru Hakuba's expression changed, but he was too embarrassed to say anything. He just quietly replaced Kaito Kuroba's plate, "Your tastes have changed."

"Thank you, but we aren't married yet," Kaito Kuroba explained to the chef whilst ignoring Saguru Hakuba. "You sure are attentive, I only mentioned it once and you remembered."

The chef politely left and Kaito Kuroba turned back towards Saguru Hakuba.

"Next time I will definitely remember what my partner likes to eat!" Saguru Hakuba reminded himself.

"Hurry, let's eat. We still need to go back and discuss the script," Kaito Kuroba sneered on the inside but kept his composure. At this moment...he received an SMS titled '0819'. When he opened it up, he realized it was a message from Shinichi Kudo.

0819, was yesterday, the date of their wedding.

"The steak is from me. What the chef meant was...congratulations on OUR wedding."

Kaito Kuroba let out a laugh and sent a response from under the table, "How did you know where I would be?"

"I have a way of finding out what I want to know," Shinichi Kudo answered him calmly.

Kaito Kuroba held onto his phone as he glanced around the restaurant. However, Shinichi Kudo was nowhere in sight. Although he didn't know how Shinichi managed to organize something so thoughtful, he could sense he was nearby...

...he had a presence like a king that no one could ignore or deny.

"Kaito, what are you looking at?" Saguru Hakuba asked as he waved his hands in front of Kaito's eyes. His gaze was full of questions.

"Oh, it's nothing..." Kaito Kuroba shook his head and calmly changed the topic, "Saguru, when will we go back to register our marriage?"

"After all this has settled. You do realize the upcoming Top Ten Magician Awards would be Akako Koizumi's opportunity to advance in her career. Kaito Kuroba, she is lucky to have you...otherwise, Akako would have been ruined this time." Saguru Hakuba poured Kaito Kuroba some red wine and raised his glass against him.

"I will help you get back what you deserve," Kaito Kuroba smiled softly, his dimples made him appear even more beautiful.

However, Saguru Hakuba, at present, didn't notice him at all. His heart was already bewitched by years of bedside seduction from Akako Koizumi. So, he had no idea Kaito Kuroba's words had a hidden meaning.

"Kaito Kuroba, you have suffered..."

Kaito Kuroba knew, for all that he was about to do, today's lunch was just a little reward. However, this reward was all a ploy to mask Hakuba's true intentions.

"Also, after the press conference, get in contact with your manager. In order to deal with him, it looks like we have to use a legal approach."

"OK," Kaito Kuroba smiled sweetly.

However, there was no way he was going to let him touch Konosuke Jii.

1400. Inside Hakuba Entertainment's main hall, reporters from all forms of media were gathered. They were all interested in what Kaito Kuroba had to say.

Everyone had questions for Kaito Kuroba, ranging from why he suddenly retreated from the public eye to why he signed on with Hakuba Entertainment to what really happened with his substituting Akako Koizumi. Ever since he retreated, he had kept a low-profile. It was hard to find anything bad about him.

Today, was the perfect opportunity for them...

3pm. Dressed in plain clothes, Kaito Kuroba appeared with bodyguards by his side. He slowly walked onto the stage and turned around to face the crowd. The reporters fought to be the first to question him.

"Kaito Kuroba, your name is number one in search rankings and it continues to stay up there. Did you pay for that position?"

"Kaito Kuroba, you and Akako Koizumi are both magicians of Hakuba Entertainment, but, in recent years, only she has been in the limelight. Have you been frozen by the company, so you were envious of her fame?"

"Kaito Kuroba, did you create this mess for hype?"

Facing the chaotic scene, the company's staff quickly stepped out to hold back the reporters, putting everything back in control. Finally, Kaito Kuroba was allowed to speak.

"First of all, I want to apologize to everyone for giving the company a damaged reputation and causing everyone to question Miss Akako Koizumi's integrity."

"At the hf Crown's Star Show, I made the decision myself, unknown to my company and Akako Koizumi, to appear on stage. Everything that has happened has nothing to do with my company, Hakuba Entertainment nor Miss Akako Koizumi."

"I was...indeed trying to create hype! But, my manager has nothing to do with it, he was merely being used by me. I have decided to take on all the responsibility. Thank you for your patience, Thank you."

After Kaito Kuroba spoke, the hall was in an uproar...

The reporters weren't at ease...they had never seen a celebrity admit to his wrongdoings so easily and in such a straightforward manner. Other people would have tried to avoid the situation, but he had taken on all the blame, claiming it had nothing to do with his manager, company or Akako Koizumi.

Kaito Kuroba thought with that, everything was over. But, unexpectedly, Saguru Hakuba had prepared something else. In order to confirm that he was an attention seeker, Saguru allowed the artists' director to approach Kaito Kuroba and face the media, "This was not the first time he has done something like this. But...the company and I will give him one last chance. Kaito Kuroba, I hope you can learn from your mistakes and not step over the line again."

Not the first time...the purpose of those words were to obviously push back Konosuke Jii's claims. Now it seemed, every time Kaito had substituted Akako Koizumi in the past, was to create hype for himself.

Saguru Hakuba, you are ruthless!

Kaito Kuroba remained silent as he gave an apologetic bow to the media. Then, with the protection of the company's staff, he was escorted out of the main hall...

In an instant, the netizens were filled with hate. Since Kaito Kuroba had admitted everything outright, the public only saw what was on the surface and were filled with anger. Even the staff at Pandora Blue (Kudo Corp) treated the matter like a laughing stock.

Coming out of a meeting, Shinichi Kudo overheard his staffs' discussions. He turned to look at his assistant who quickly revealed what had happened at the press conference today. "President, did you want to do something to assist Mr Kid?"

"Not just yet, I want to see how he will deal with it himself," Shinichi Kudo replied gently. He had already mentioned before that he was curious how Kaito Kuroba would react. Because he had helped Kaito the last two times, Shinichi wanted to see how he would resolve this issue himself.

As Shinichi Kudo's spouse, was Kaito really going to let something like this discourage him?