03: Suspected of Creating Hype

Kaito smiled as he gave a nod before make his own grand entrance. A very special entrance that he practice this before he decided to quit. With his cape and mask on, if you were to point out one distinguishing style between Kaito and Akako Koizumi, it would have to be Kaito's tactic. Kaito's tactic were once known as one of the most unexpected and mischievous trick in the world.

Just as everyone thought the show had reached it's climax, Kaito descended gracefully to the stage. All the spotlights immediately focused on him...

...but

...the Crown's Star was nowhere to be seen...

What had happened?

Everyone present ran around frantically looking for the Crown's Star, they even searched Kaito all over. 

Just as everyone was about to give up, a smile appeared from behind the mysterious white mask. Kaito elegantly raised his arm, tilted his head up and start his show. At that moment, out from under the white suit, the Crown's Star appeared sparkling magnificently.

Wow...

Everyone froze in amazement at the scene in front of them. The sight of Kaito's mischievous trick to the next was unforgettable. Most impressive of all, every single trick Kaito pulled, the Crown's Star would be presented in a different light; showing off it's beauty over and over again...

The audience rose to their feet and gave Kaito a standing ovation...

Amongst the crowd, in a high but hidden position, Shinichi Kudo's gaze was focused on Kaito. His new partner, once Japan's top magician, was here standing in on behalf of a B-Grade magician.

There was no denying it, no matter if it was 3 years ago or 3 years later, he was still the same magician - born for the stage...

After Kaito's final step, the show came to a satisfying end. hf's founder was extremely impressed with his performance. Of course, the hf's founder wasn't aware the magician on stage was Kaito; he still believed it was Akako Koizumi.

He appeared from behind the stage and approached Kaito. Like a gentleman, he offered his hand, helping Kaito to the front of the stage as they bowed thankfully to the audience.

"Thank you everyone, and of course, thank you Miss Koizumi for a spectacular performance, it was certainly impressive."

Kaito stayed silent. He just simply responded with a bow. When suddenly, from the front of the runway came a high-pitched voice, "That person isn't Akako Koizumi, I've seen Akako Koizumi in real life and she does not like white suit!"

At that moment, everyone was stunned as they looked up and down Kaito's suit with doubt, "If you are indeed Akako Koizumi, then remove your mask. If you are not, then Hakuba Entertainment are a bunch of liars!"

Sounds of doubt multiplied and grew louder. Even the designers of hf were beginning to question whether the magician in front of them was Akako Koizumi.

"Miss Koizumi, please remove your mask..." The designers were curious. Was this person really Akako Koizumi? If this magiacian really wasn't then their collaboration with Hakuba Entertainment would have to come to an end.

Kaito hesitated, but he was already surrounded. With no other choice, he slowly removed his mask. At that moment, everyone held their breath. At the sight of his face, some recognized him immediately as the once famed magician...

"It's Kaito Kid!"

It was rumored that after Kaito was blacklisted, his status had completely deteriorated. He was even worse off than unsigned magician. Who would have thought he would stoop so low as to step in for someone else. Was he deliberately creating hype or was he forced due to his current situation?

"Kaito, it's actually Kaito Kid." The reporters quickly surrounded Kaito, giving him no room to escape.

"Mr. Kid, could you please explain the current situation? Akako Koizumi was the one that was invited to appear in today's show, but how come it turned out to be you?"

"From what we know, you were blacklisted 3 years ago. Are you trying to take this opportunity to announce a comeback?"

"As a once-famous magician, are you trying to take Akako Koizumi's jobs? Are you taking advantage of her being injured and stealing her opportunity to be a spokesperson?"

"It's obvious you are just trying to create hype. I knew it. Akako Koizumi was already injured, how could he possibly attend the show. Famous great magician my a**! More like famous great CHEAP magician!"

The reporter's questions got more and more intense, in fact, some were already spouting insults.

"Outdated cheap magician..."

"Akako should be the spokesperson, give it back to her!"

Kaito was slowly forced to retreat as the reporters surrounded him. Some even pushed him. At this moment, hf added to the insults, "I am going to sue Hakuba Entertainment, what you are doing here is blatantly lying! I asked for Akako Koizumi, instead, you gave me a 3rd-rate magician." The designer had no idea how famous Kaito Kid was 3 years ago. All he knew was that he had not seen this magician appear anywhere in recent years.

"As for you, I'll see you in court! But, for now, get lost! You do not deserve to be standing on my stage!" he yelled.

The sharp voice echoed through the building, even the reporters were surprised. No one would just stand there and let someone yell at them like that.

"Why are you still here? Get lost!"

Kaito already prepared himself for this moment, but still struggled to hold back the humiliation. It was at that moment, a deep, attractive voice resounded from the end of the stage, "Yes, someone should get lost indeed..."

In surprise, the reporters turned to where the voice was coming from. There, standing at the end of the stage was Shinichi Kudo. Everyone's eyes opened wide in shock...Isn't this the CEO of Pandora Blue Entertainment? Why is he here?

Most importantly, why is he standing on the stage?It was a well-known fact that Shinichi Kudo despised artists that played mind games. Kaito is digging his own grave. This time even Pandora Blue can't help but step out from behind the sidelines.

Everyone held their breath, certain that Kaito was out of luck. But to their surprise, Shinichi Kudo walked over to Kaito and stood by his side. With the intimidating tone of a king, he turned to the designer and continued, "...but, he is not the one that should get lost...it is you!"

"I could make hf disappear from Japan if I want to. Your manners appear to be on a different level to your jewelry."

Kaito's heartbeat stopped for a moment. Who would have thought...his new partner, who he had only met for the third time, would stand up for him.

All the reporters were stunned as they began to worry. Had they known earlier that Kaito had ties with Pandora Blue, they wouldn't have been so rude.

hf's designer was not impressed, but he knew he could not offend Pandora Blue International. After a few moments of silence, he reluctantly apologized, "Sorry, President Kudo. I didn't know of your relationship with..."

"You are wrong, I have no relations with him. I'm just simply...questioning your character!" Shinichi Kudo denied his relation to Kaito and began to walk away. But before he left, he turned around and announced to the reporters, "There is, however, one thing I cannot deny. He will definitely become a rising star in the industry!"