02: Striking Back at the Cheating Couple

And thus began the fall of a famous magician...

But, from the looks of it, Kaito's story did not end there.

...

In all honesty, Kaito had never realized he was so brave - he had actually married a stranger! But, what was done was done, he would never regret his decision. 

Kaito returned to his car. Just as he was about to start the engine and head home, he received a phone call from Saguru Hakuba.

"Kaito...where are you right now?"

"In front of the Civil Affairs Office, about to go home," Kaito replied casually, hiding his emotions.

"Akako has a very important show...I need you to substitute her immediately. I'll tell the makeup artist to provide you with a mask and a hooded cape - no one will be able to tell it is you," Saguru Hakuba ordered with the tone of a superior. "Since Akako is injured, you will have to suffer a little.."

*anyway, magician here wear ravishing suit from famous tailor all over the world. Plus, Akako's and Kaito's body shape almost look the same. Only those who are close to them can tell them apart.

"Didn't you say Miss Koizumi got hurt on stage? In that case, the media should already know she is at the hospital..."

"But, I have already asked someone to let it slip that she will still be attending even with her injuries. I told you to go, so go!"

He was so shameless. In the past, Kaito had already done stupid things like this for Akako Koizumi.

As it seems, he was being used. However, he wasn't going to continue this way!

Kaito stayed calm and nodded, "OK, let me know the time and address, I'll head over there now."

"Kaito, we are about to get married. Help give Akako a bit of a boost, her career is currently on the rise."

"I'll give her a boost for sure..." Kaito responded with a hidden meaning. 

"I'll hang up then. Let's have dinner later."

Saguru Hakuba had no idea the tables had turned, presumably now, he would be sitting by Akako Koizumi's bedside, watching over his lover tenderly...Kaito hung up the phone before giving his manager a call. His manager immediately responded in anger.

"President Hakuba wants you to step in for that B-Grade magician? Is he joking? If you didn't decide to retreat from the spotlight, she would not even survive in the industry."

"Konosuke Jii, I've already agreed..." Kaito replied calmly.

"Do you really have to go?" His manager was about to spew blood in disbelief. Kaito and Akako Koizumi were both magicians signed under Hakuba Entertainment, but because of Kaito's decision to retreat, his manager was dragged down with him and ridiculed. 

Kaito knew his manager wanted to stick up for his injustice. Reassuringly he responded, "I won't be that stupid anymore, I will not let them use me!"

After hearing those words from Kaito, his manager's face lit up, "So, are you saying you have a plan?"

"Konosuke Jii, from now on I can only trust in you, can you help me do something?"

"Speak." His manager was loyal to him. After all, they shared the same objective.

"Akako Koizumi is so desperate to convince the media that she is attending the show even with her injuries because she doesn't want it to impact because she doesn't want it to impact her eligibility for the 'Top Ten Magician Awards'. Help me pay a visit to Tomoaki Hospital."