❈ 3 , fck it we ball

𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐄𝐑

A new school was not what I meant when I said I wanted to be closer to my best friend. I really think my father is using this as an excuse to not see me as often because there's no way he misinterpreted what I said that bad.

My best friend Hazmah lives in California. We've been cool since childhood, even before my father got elected president. I haven't really seen him since and I told my father I wanted to see him.

I wasn't expecting him to enroll me in his school.

So now I'm in the car, going to a school assembly. Yay, I guess?

I've been homeschooled and I'd like to keep it that way because being homeschooled is easy. You finish at 2pm, 1-2 assignments per day, and you don't get yelled at if you don't pass. There's also no other students to ruin anything for you. The only downside to being homeschooled is how lonely you are. You have like 1-2 friends that are from childhood cause you didn't make any from school, and that's a really big downside.

I used to go to a public school before my dad became president and I was pretty popular. It was my 8th grade year. I had a shit-ton of friends, a girlfriend, and was on the basketball team. Life was great.

Obviously the girlfriend didn't work out. I was 14.

Then my father got elected. I never went back to school again, and my whole life changed. I'm basically famous now, which makes me a little uncomfy. If you search me up on google my full name comes up. My life is kinda out there.

"Dad, don't you think this is a little bit of a reach? I can't still be homeschooled..?" The car stayed silent for a moment before he responded. "I think it'll do some good for you. You'll make more friends."

I'm partially excited for this school. Being near the media where they were always asking about my father and politics was tiring. Homeschool kept me away from that, none of them could ever find me. I don't know if going back to school will still keep me out of the media's attention.

On the bright side, I get to see Hazmah and make new friends.

I feel bad for the students cause I know whatever they're doing is about to be monitored by the secret service.

It's crazy how secret the secret service is. Even I don't know them and they're meant to protect me (and my family).

According to my fathers words they're everywhere and always watching in public spaces where we go. Stalker behavior.

The car stopped and my dad and I got out of the car, two body guards that were sitting in the very back followed behind us. We had just walked on the campus and already I was gaining stares. People looked at me with wide eyes like I wasn't real.

I continued to walk and kept my head up while searching through all the students for Hazmah. After a little bit I spotted him. He was sitting on a bench, scrolling on his phone, a guy was walking away from him like they'd just finished talking.

"I'm gonna go talk to Hazmah, dad.  I'll see you in the auditorium." He gave me a firm nod and I walked over to the boy on the bench.

"Hazmah!" I smiled at him and he looked up at me, a smile growing on his face. "Ryder?" He said with happiness and surprise.

"What are you doing here?" He stood up to hug me. I smiled and pulled away. "I go here now." I said, pointing to my green blazer with the school logo. His smile grew larger.

"There is a lot we need to catch up on, come on. Let's talk while we go to the auditorium." He threw his arm over my shoulder and I smiled at him.

It felt like when we were in middle school, an inseparable duo that everyone knew. I'm sure most knew Hazmah by the way he socialized with everyone and I know everyone knows me.