❈ 7 , as friends

𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐄𝐑

Hanging out at Hazmah's house before school is something I missed doing. His house is so warm, filled with candles, and warm toned walls. His house has always had this warm and welcoming feel to it. Not much has changed since I was younger.

There's still his mothers wall of Oscars and movie awards, there's the same family pictures on the wall, consisting of his older sister, his mom, dad, and grandma. The one that catches my eye the most is the picture of us two.

I think I was about 7, my lighter-brown-almost-blonde hair flowing around in the wind, a toothy grin on my face, Hazmah had his arms wrapped around my neck and his head right next to my shoulder, brightly smiling. We both posed in front of a sandcastle we built. I remember it because it took us hours of shoveling through sand and building with plastic buckets. If I push my brain hard enough I can remember my father snapping the photo.

I sit on the couch and wait for him to come downstairs. Hazmah finally comes downstairs.

I stand up, walking towards the front door. I give a quick goodbye to both his parents. He smiles and waves goodbye to his parents as we exit his home and get into the car, Hazmah's driver sitting in the front. "There's another gathering on Saturday, can you come with me?" I ask.

Hazmah looks up as if he's thinking. "Nope, my moms new movie premieres and she wants me to go. I was actually gonna invite you but I guess you can't go.." I nod. "You think Micah or Ethan would wanna go?"

Hazmah shrugs. "Ask them."

"I'll ask them when I see them."

We talked the rest of the car ride and got out once we arrived at school. Hazmah and I walked to the gym, knowing they were probably there talking and shooting basketballs.

We walked through the gym doors, Micah shooting a basketball and Ethan speaking to him about something. Ethan noticed both of us first and smiled. "Hazmah, Ryder!"

I smiled back, walking closer as Micah whipped his head around to see us and the ball he shot fell to the ground.

"How long have you two been here?" Hazmah asked as we walked over to the duo.

"Maybe ten minutes, we just got here." Micah, said to us with his basketball in hand.

"Are either of you two free tomorrow?" I ask. "There's this thing, it's basically a press conference mixed with a fancy dinner."

"What time?" Ethan raises a brow. "About 7pm. It completely stops at 9."

They both shake their heads no, but Micah's eyes light up. "What about.. Tiana?" He playfully smiles and Ethan laughs. "Can't you ask her? Whoever she even is?--"

"No."

"The worst she can say is no." Hazmah smiles at me.

Gold-star advice right there.

"If you actually do it I'll give you 80 dollars." Micah beams at me and Ethan sighs. "You have a gambling addiction at the age of 17, someone save him.." He shakes his head in disapproval and I let out a laugh.

"I'll do it. I'll do it, I swear." Hazmah raises an eyebrow. "Pinkie swear on it?" Micah laughs, "You aren't serious."

"Everyone knows you can't break a pinkie swear."

I hook pinkes with Hazmah and he smiles, Micah cringes.

"Okay but in all seriousness, the worst she could really say is no." Ethan shrugs and I cross my arms. "There are so many more things she could say."