Chapter 22

The next day, Mikoto met and greeted Ren again in the subway station before they got on the train and headed to Aoyama-Itchome. Once they arrived and began walking down the street to school with the other students, they overheard a conversation between 2 female students walking in front of them.

“Did you see Kamoshida-sensei play yesterday? He was so awesome! I think I might ask for his autograph after school later.” The female student gushed slightly excitedly to the other female student walking next to her.

“I dunno if that's such a good idea. I hear that you shouldn't go near the PE faculty office. People say you can hear weird sounds, like screaming, even though no one's there…” The second female student said nervously to her.

“What? That's probably just a rumor spread by fans to scare the competition.” The first female student said as she raised and waved her hand dismissively at the second female student's words.

When both Mikoto and Ren heard what the 2 female students just said to each other, they glanced at each other as they headed into the school.

XXXX 

Several hours later, in the classroom.

As Miu, Ren, and the other students were quietly listening to Ushimaru-sensei's lecture, both Miu and Ren felt their phones vibrating and they discreetly pulled their phones out and glanced down at them.

RS: So about witnesses. I was wondering if we could get something outta Takamaki.

MT: Why. She's not on the team.

RS: Just hear me out! You know how we didn't get a thing from the volleyball team? That's why I figured that it'd be a good idea to talk to someone who knows them.

RA: Are you talking about Shiho Suzui?

RS: Yep, Ren. Takamaki and her are BFFs and she's a starter on the team. I tried to talk to that girl during break, but I got nothing from her. That's why we should have Takamaki talk to her.

MT: Are you sure about that. Because I think it'll be quite hard for us to tell her to talk to Suzui-san just to help us.

RA: Toudou-san's got a point, Ryuji.

RS: You're right, sorry. Lemme see what else I can come up with. Let's meet up later in the courtyard's resting area.

MT: Alright then.

RA: Got it, see you two later.

After both Mikoto and Ren were done messaging on their phones, they turned them off and discreetly put them back into their pockets, and resumed listening to Ushimaru-sensei's lecture.

An hour later, in the courtyard.......

“Shouldn't you be heading to volleyball?” Ann asked as she glanced at Shiho.

“Uh-huh..” Shiho replied as she nodded dispiritedly to Ann.

“That bruise above your eye.... Is that from practice too?” Ann asked in a concerned tone to Shiho when she looked closely at Shiho's face and noticed the bruise above her eye.

“Y-Yeah…” Shiho said as she nodded a bit nervously to Ann.

“Are you sure you're not pushing yourself too hard?” Ann said even more concerned to Shiho.

“I'm okay........ Volleyball's the only thing I can do right.........” Shiho said dejectedly before they heard the ringing sound of Ann's phone coming out of her blazer pocket.

“Shouldn't you take that?” She asked Ann in a confused tone of voice when she saw that Ann wasn't taking out and answering her phone. 

“It's probably just my part-time job....... I think.” Ann replied dismissively to Shiho.