Chapter 44

After school, in the student council room……

“Okay, Makoto, I'm done with signing the club budget papers about some of the clubs of our school.” Rex said as he put the final paper on top of a stack of papers on the table next to him, put down his pen and let out a small sigh.

“Huh? Oh yeah….good job, Rex.” Makoto said a bit emotionlessly to Rex (who noticed and glance concerned at her).

“Is there something wrong, Makoto? You sound a bit off.” Rex said.

“No, it's nothing. Why don't you go and do a final patrol of the school?” Makoto said.

"Of course but are you sure you're alright? Rex asked even more concerned to her.

“Yes, I'm fine, Rex! Now will you please go and patrol the school now!” Makoto snapped irritatedly at Rex (which made him widen his eyes in surprise) before a guilty look appeared on her face when she realized that she just snapped at him. 

“I-I..” She added.

“No, it's fine, I'll be going to do the school patrol now to give you some time. See you, Makoto.” Rex said in an understanding yet calm tone to Makoto as he stood up, turned around and left the room.

‘I'm sorry for snapping at you, Rex..’ Makoto
thought sadly to herself in the room before she slowly stood up and left the room to check up on Mikoto, her boyfriend and her friends.

XXXX

A few minutes later, in the walkway in Shibuya station..

“We ain't got nothin'....” Ryuji said as he rubbed the back of his neck with a dejected look on his face.

“Are we out of luck.........?” Ann said in a dismay tone of voice to them.

“It's no fair his Palace is up in the sky..” Morgana said with a pouting look on his face.

“If only we could contact the real Kaneshiro…” Yusuke said and sighed.

“If only we knew where he is but still it's dangerous.” Mikoto said quietly to them with her usual stoic expression on her face and her hands together in a standing position.

“Yeah, we know, beauty….Hm….?” Ren said as he nodded his head in agreement to his girlfriend Mikoto before he, his girlfriend Mikoto and the others noticed Makoto approaching and stopping in front of them without Rex with her this time (while Morgana decided to hide back inside Miu's bag).

“What do you want?” Ann said as she scowled at Makoto.

“And where is the vice-president, Lapis-san? Aren't you two a team?” Ren added as he
crossed his arms.

“Nothing in particular, I just saw you all together here. And as for Lapis-kun, he's busy in doing other things for the student council.” Makoro replied coolly to them.

“That so?” Ryuji said as he glared at Makoto.

“You all seem to be having quite a bit of trouble.” Makoto said even more coolly to them as she clasped her hands together.

“Of course we do, president. What do you expect, that it would be a piece of cake for us?” Ren said coolly to Makoto.

“That wasn’t very nice.” Mikoto said quietly to them but they ignored her with her usual stoic expression on her face and her hands together in a standing position.

“So you're here to check up on us? You may be the student council president, but when it comes to what we do, you're useless.” Ann said coldly to Makoto.