Ch. 6: Painful Anger

She headed to an alley near her apartment and texted Eda to open the portal for her. She needed answers from her own father before helping Luz with hers. After a minute, the portal opened. She briskly rushed inside and stepped into the owl house with Eda waiting for her.

"Hey, future daughter in law." Eda said with a smile and a wave.

Amity rolled her eyes.

'Still not married yet but whatever.' Amity thought.

"Hey, Eda. I know this is sudden but could we hold off on the lesson for today?" Amity asked.

"Hmm? Why's that?" Eda asked.

"Nothing much, I just need to ask my dad something that's been on my mind for a while." Amity said to Eda.

"Sure, go nuts." Eda said, "Just let me know when you want to learn the pregnancy spell."

This was a topic Amity kept in a nice big spot in her mind, the chance to have children with the woman she loved was too good NOT to prepare for.

"Of course." Amity said with a nod as she walked out of the owl house, summoning Ghost to her hand.

Amity took off, heading to the manor. She landed and was immediately hugged by the twins.

"Mittens!"

Amity groaned from this nickname, really hating it!

"Can you stop calling me that?" Amity asked them but still hugged them back.

"Never!" They both said.

Amity groaned again before they broke the hug.

"So what brings you around, Mittens?" Emira asked.

"I just need to talk to dad. Is he around?" Amity said.

"In his lab."

"Just head down and give the door a knock." Edric said to her, pointing to the house.

"Thanks." Amity said as she walked into the manor, the twins following.

Amity went to the lab and knocked on the door. She waited for a few moments as Alador opened the door and saw his daughter.

"Amity." He said with a smile.

"Hey... dad... c-c-can I talk to you?"

'Why am I stuttering? Just calm down and ask.' Amity thought to herself.

"Of course, let's head to the den." Alador said with a nod.

"This... this is a private conversation." Amity said, "I don't want the twins to interrupt."

"Aaah, I understand. Then let's talk in the lab, it won't be comfortable but it will be private." Alador said.

They entered the lab and Alador looked at Amity.

"What's the matter?"

"I... I've been having this dream... more like a memory." Amity said, "I... I was a baby and... you talked about a... problem?"

Alador went pale.

"A.....problem, you say?" Alador asked, gulping a bit with some sweat in his brow.

'Oh Titan, please tell me she doesn't remember.' He thought.

"Dad... is there something wrong with me?"

"No... no, you're perfect in every way." Alador said, "You see... you were... you were originally an experiment."

"W-w-what?"

"I was curious of what may happen if a witch had a palistrom wood seed implanted in their heart... so when you were born, it was the perfect opportunity."

Amity gasped at this, putting a hand where her heart was and backing away in shock.

"You...You put a SEED in my heart?" Amity asked in shock. "W-What if that killed me?!"

"I had faith in my abilities." Alador said.

"IT STILL COULD'VE KILLED ME!" Amity shouted at him, "I thought you actually cared about me! I guess not, because I'm just another experiment for you!"

Amity turned and walked out of the lab, slamming the door behind her.

"Amity, wait!" Alador shouted but she didn't come back.

She didn't even stick around the manor as she summoned Ghost and flew back to the owl house, she wanted to her as far away from her fa-from Alador as she possibly could! Eda looked up and saw Amity.

"Oh, no, you have angry face." Eda said.

"Open the portal, I'm leaving." Amity said as Ghost changed into a cat and moved to sit on her shoulder.

'Amity?' Ghost asked, feeling Amity's emotional distress.

"Alright, you clearly need to cool off a bit." Eda said, "Talk to me when you get your anger under control."

Eda opened the portal and let Amity stomp inside, as Alador was flying towards the house with the twins.

"Also, don't let HIM follow me!" Amity said as she slammed the portal door shut!