I'm done

Bold: The characters thoughts

"INGRID!"
That was Dad. The Prince of Darkness. He was not the best father. Well not to me but he was a good father to my brother Vladimir, only because he was the Chosen one and the heir to his throne. Which I thought was ridiculous because I was the eldest. I wanted to become the Princess of Darkness which I will one day.
They'll just have to wait and see.
I sighed and rolled my eyes as I made my way downstairs where Dad and Vlad were.
"What?" I asked as I wanted to go back upstairs.
Vlad and Dad were sitting at the table and Dad looked really angry which was not a good sign.
"You have brought shame on the family name." Dad said looking at me with disdain.
I furrowed my eyebrows and looked between Vlad and Dad.
"How?"
"By falling in love with a.. b-breather."
"What?" I looked at him in shock that I would ever fall in love with a breather. Just the thought of it made me want to throw up.
"Ingrid I heard Will talking about it in school."
'Oh that stupid breather, I told him I don't like him'
"Oh look who decided to speak." I said squinting at Vlad
Vlad looked down.
"Leave Vlad alone, at least he is not a disappointment like someone." Dad said looking me up and down.
I gasped.
Turning my head around to look at dad, tears rolled down my cheek but I turned around to hide it. I didn't want them to see me weak and vulnerable.

I can't believe he said that to his own daughter. I heard mumbling and realised that I had been stumbling.

"Ingrid?" Vlad whispered as he touched my shoulder.
I flinched in fear.
I turned my body around to face them.
"W-why do you treat me l-like this? I haven't done anything to you. I didn't ask to be born. So why do you treat me differently? Is it because I'm a girl? That women aren't seen to be powerful? Oh let me tell you something, women can be powerful and stronger than men!!"

As I ranted on, I became angrier and my breathing was the only thing that could be heard.
"So I'm done, done being ignored, done being told I'm not good enough, weak, just a girl. IM DONE." I screamed loudly as I looked at my father, a man who I looked upto and idolised but he never payed attention to me.
Vlad looked at me in shock and pain but didn't say anything. I walked away towards my room with tears rolling down my cheek.

Slamming my bedroom door shut, I slid down the door and sobbed my heart out questioning myself.
"Why am I being treated like this? Why is this happening to me? Just why?"
I sobbed until there was nothing left.

Walking towards the mirror, I was horrified at what I saw before me.
This was not me.
Not Ingrid Dracula. Countess Dracula.
"Im going to show them how powerful and evil a female can be and how she can rule vampires." I whispered to myself as I glared into the mirror.
"Prove them wrong."
I smirked at myself and made a plan to run away.
Tonight.
A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter and vote and comment!!
Question:
Who else felt sorry for Ingrid?