Chapter 21

Comment and vote guys.

As Nandini walked out with the tray of tea cups and a kettle, she served them to Manik, her mother in law and brother in law. When she turned around to go to the kitchen to prepare breakfast, Aashish said, "Arey Nandini. Aap bhi humare saath chaaye peeye na."

Nandini froze, looking towards her husband. He pointed towards his side discreetly, asking her to sit by him. As she sat beside him, Manik said, "Nandini Bhabhi bol."

"Lekin woh mere se panch saal choti hai. Aur inhe bhi koi itraaz nahi hain. Haina?" Aashish asked, looking towards Nandini. Nandini looked towards Manik, who had his jaw clenched in frustration by now. Before he could say anything else, her mother in law explained, "Choti hogi lekin rishte main tere se badi hai. Isliye unhe izzat dena uska haq hai."

Aashish nodded, concealing his irritation. Since the first time he laid his eyes on Nandini a week back, he had been drowning in her beauty and innocence. He believed his brother didn't deserve her due to such an age gap between them and when he was already a father of one.

However, although he approached her on many occasions, trying to open her up to him, she always maintained her distance with him. But, he knew it wasn't just with him. She maintained it with everyone, even her husband, except for Mahir. He loved watching her with Mahir as her careful laughter rang aloud only with Mahir, which sounded so pleasant to his ears. He wanted to be the one to make her laugh like that one day.

His eyes moved discreetly towards the couple over the rim of the cup, noticing them together for first time and looking at the distance between them, he wondered if they even shared any sort of physical relationship between them. Maybe the age gap and Mahir sleeping with them didn't allow them to consummate. The thought suddenly made him happy.

"Arey uth gaya mera beta," he snapped out of his dreamland hearing his mother, who was calling out to Mahir with her arms spread out. Mahir rubbed his eyes while walking to her sleepily, settling in her lap. A few minutes later, Mahir looked around before getting off her lap and moving towards Nandini, settling in her lap.

Manik ignored looking at him, while Nandini was busy showering him with kisses, trying to divert him to avoid him from speaking something in front of everyone, as he was busy glaring at Manik, still angry since he heard their voices last night.

Mahir looked to his grandmother, his mind diverting as she said, "Ab Mummy aayi toh dadi ko toh bhul hi gaya tu, Mahir. Mere paas sona toh dur raat ko kahani bhi nahi sunne aata tu."

"Meri Maa kitni pyaari hai. Isko godh lele toh iss se bhi acha," Manik mumbled under his breath, making Nandini look at him with narrowed eyes. He rolled his eyes, not even scared of her warning, instead finding her expressions cute.

Aashish, who had been silent spectator of the conversation, suddenly feared them being alone in a room and suggested, "Maa kyu na sab aaj raat saath main soye. Charpai bicha kar bahar. Kitne vaqt se nahi soye esse."

"Haan kyu nahi," his mother agreed instantly with a smile. But who was going to tell Aashish that his attempt was futile and instead of comfort, he was calling pain for himself if he stayed awake for too long.
Since, he missed the nervous look on Nandini's face as she looked at Manik who was smirking behind the tea cup was a tell tale sign of the night to come.

*****

Nandini looked at her son, who was listening to his grandmother's story, her hope slowly dwindling that he will come to sleep with them as his eyes started to close. It wasn't like she was afraid of sleeping alone with Manik, it's just that she knew him and his plans for the night. She just didn't want them to get caught in a compromise position and be embarrassed in front of the whole family.

"Lait ja, Nandini," Manik, who had been lying as she sat on the edge, said humorously. "Tera beta apni Dadi paas chen ki neend soh raha hai. Kyu un dono ki jaani dushman ban ri hai."

Nandini pouted before slowly laying beside Manik as she tried acting in pain as she said, "Dekhe, meri na aaj kamar mai bohot dard hai. Toh aap thoda dur hoke soye."

"Acha," Manik said, turning towards her but her plan backfired as he said, "De mai daba deta hu."

"Nahi–Nahi aap kese," Nandini stuttered. whining as he arranged the blanket around before his arm wrapped around her waist. She felt him pressing her back, shivering as she felt the warmth of his hand on her bare back under the kurti and looked up at him as she mumbled, "Aap ache nahi hai."

"Arey ab maine kya kiya?" Manik asked, feigning innocence and Nandini looked at him and murmured, "Aap ka na dimag bas ek hi taraf hai." Fidgeting with the buttons of his kurta, she didn't realize her words until they were out, "Ab aap ki umar ho ri hai. Bhagwan ko yaad kijiye. Kya pata kab unke pyaare ho jaye."

Her eyes widened as soon as she spoke, biting her tongue, her hands shivering in fear to look up at him. Nandini's head snapped up in amazement when she heard a new but beautiful sound of his laughter, her own lips tugging up in a smile.

As soon as he stopped and looked at her with arched eyebrows, she gave him a nervous smile as he said, "Meri umar ho ri hai, hmm? Main batau tujhe!" Nandini immediately shook her head before she laughed freely, trying to keep it low as he tickled her.

However, their laughter was not only till their ears. Everyone was deep asleep except Aashish, who was surprised when he heard them laughing and was keeping a close eye on them.

After Manik stopped, Nandini managed herself before she asked in fear, refusing to look at him, "Aap ab esse hi rahenge na."

"Main toh essa hi tha," Manik replied, even though he knew what she was saying.

"Nahi aap aise nahi the. Aap, aap rakshas jese the," Nandini mumbled, making him gape at her while she chuckled softly. Staring at her, Nandini noticed his eyes darkening, as she felt his grip on her tightening and she murmured, "Aap–aap kyu nahi samajhte. Sab hain yahan pe."

"Toh kya hua? Tu biwi hai meri," Manik said, sighing as he tugged her closer. Her eyes closed as she gasped when he nipped near the arch of her neck, sucking it to sooth the burn while taking off the rubber band, letting her hair down. His hands opened the doris to loosen the kurti before he raised it upwards, baring her bosoms. Her bangles clinked together as she rested her hand on his shoulder, wincing in pain as he lowered his head and his mouth wrapped around the nub, sucking and pulling it between his teeth while he opened her salwar, his hand delving inside, his fingers pressing against the opening.

Aashish who was about to sleep, jerked awake when he heard the soft clinking of bangles occasionally. His eyes went to the source, his heart beating anxiously as he noticed some movement under their blanket. Looking around, he picked the glass beside him, letting it clank down on the floor loudly.

His mother startled at the sudden sound, waking up and Nandini pushed out his hand, pulling away from Manik. He groaned, looking at her in frustration while she was arranging back her clothes.

"Kya hua, Aashish?" his mother enquired in worry as her son looked lost. Manik didn't bother to sit up to enquire about his well being, feigning sleeping, so Nandini had to sit up slightly in case they needed anything.

"Kuch nahi, Maa. Bas bura sapna tha aur main paani peene laga toh bartan neeche gir gaye," Aashish lied before asking his mother with a frown, "Aap paani lado ge mujhe?"

His mother nodded and when she was about to get up, knowing about the knee pain, Nandini softly suggested, "Aap baithe Maa. Main la deti hu."

Aashish shifted his gaze to Nandini, forcing a smile while burning from inside, although he still tried to believe that nothing was happening between the couple, as he noticed her loose hair which was braided when she went to sleep. Getting up, Nandini brought the glass filled with water for her brother in law, handini it over to him, in the process, breaking away his delusions as he raged as he noticed the red mark near her neck.

He wanted to pull her to himself as she walked back towards the charpai where Manik was asleep. A few minutes later, everyone settled down to sleep. But, for Aashish, the peace he felt for a few minutes drained, the sleep far away from his eyes, as he burned with anger, controlling the urge to kill his brother as despite his attempt to disturb the couple, it didn't seem to work as he heard their hushed whispers for a few minutes until his ears rang with the clinking of bangles and her soft occasional whimpers the whole night.