Chapter 29

Nandini was feeding Agastya at night, when Mahir came in with his toys. Climbing on the bed, he sat beside her and started arranging them, the clatter diverting Agastya's attention towards his older brother. When he whined, Mahir looked towards him before looking up at his mother. Nandini smiled as Mahir grabbed one of the wooden carts and handed it over to Agastya.

Nandini helped Agastya by holding it for him as he stared at it before putting it in his mouth. As Nandini pulled it away, he started crying. Mahir looked at both of them before he took back his cart from Nandini, surprising her, until Mahir cutely tried to call out, "Agastya ye dekh."

After his multiple efforts, when Mahir had his attention, Agastya slowly quieted down as he watched Mahir moving the cart while making multiple sounds. As for Nandini, she couldn't have been happier, having both of them bonding.

She looked towards the door as Manik came in. He walked towards her side, sitting on the edge of the bed. Mahir climbed on his lap with a sheet in his hand and showed him the drawing of mountain scenery he had drawn. After Manik appreciated him, he looked towards Agastya. Nandini arranged her clothes while Manik grabbed Agastya.

Mahir looked at them before he climbed down from his father's lap and moved back to playing with his toys. Nandini and Manik both took notice of his reaction. Manik turned towards Mahir and asked, "Mahir, isko uthana hain?"

Mahir looked at Agastya before he looked at his father, nodding. Manik carefully placed Agastya in his lap, and Mahir looked at the small baby, even smaller than him, feeling excited. Manik smiled as Mahir smiled, his hands gently caressing Agastya's cheeks, lovingly, while Nandini was overwhelmed with the emotions, her eyes tearing up.

~~~~

As Manik stepped out of the bathroom, freshly showered, he looked at the bed incredulously. Nandini was lying on the bed with Mahir on one side and Agastya on another.

"Mahir tu Dadi paas kyu ni sorah," Manik asked, making him look at Manik while stating, "Main Mumma paas sounga."

His hold on Nandini tightened to prove his point while Manik sarcastically asked, "Kyu? Mumma tujhe loriyan sunati hain?"

"Aap meko mat bolo. Mujhe pata hain aapko bhi Mumma paas sona hain," Mahir said angrily.

"Essi koi baat nahi hain. Ye bed hain railway station nahi joh saara tabar (parivar) aakar yahi sojayega," Manik said. Mahir looked towards Nandini, his eyes tearing up as he whined, "Mumma."

"Aap eese kaise nikal re hain bacho ko? Mere bache mere saath hi soyenge," Nandini said.

"Chal tu bhi apne bacho saath bahar jaa fer," Manik sarcastically said, making her involuntarily chuckle. Nandini pouted, helplessly staring at her husband when Manik glared at her, frustrated as he walked towards his side and laid down.

~~~~

Nandini sleepily stared out of the window at the dark sky while feeding Agastya, who had woken up in the middle of the night. She looked over her shoulder as Manik shifted behind her, his arm wrapping around her waist as he slept back. It hadn't taken him long to have Nandini sleep by his side as soon as both kids dozed off. She watched Agastya, caressing his head as he gulped hungrily, her own eyes closing minutes later as she dozed back.

"Mat kare na," Nandini cried out, whisper like, in irritation as her eyes blinked open as she pushed Manik's hand from her breast, as he grabbed and fondled it. Realizing she slept while feeding Agastya, she pulled away from him, patted him and lowered her kurti.

"Kya? Uth ja ab. Subah hogi," Manik murmured in her ear as he pressed himself against her back, pushing off her hair from her shoulder before his arm was around her waist while his lips moved to the arch of her neck.