Chapter 30

Vote and comment please!☺️

Before Manik could speak, they heard someone knocking on the door. Getting up, he watched his sister, fearing her brother while holding a crying Mahir in her arms, his forehead bleeding. He immediately grabbed him from her, checking over the cut.

"Mahir," Nandini said fearfully, noticing the blood and grabbed a cloth, holding it against his forehead, carrying him inside the room as his cries echoed in the house, in pain and afraid of seeing his own blood, while asking Manik to call a doctor.

"Bhaiya, main soh rahi thi. Aur–aur iske rone ki awaaze suni. Uthke dekha toh iske khoon nikal raha tha. Yeh shayad voh lakdi ke dabe par baja hoga," his sister replied, crying as she watched her nephew in pain.

"Koi baat nahi," Manik said as he went downstairs hurriedly to call a doctor. A few minutes later, Manik came up with the doctor and as he checked him, his mother was standing beside Nandini, consoling her as she was crying.

"Iske tanke lagege teen," the doctor informed them and Manik nodded. He stood by the doctor as he treated Mahir, holding him as he shrieked in pain, while his mother took Nandini out of the room.

~~~~

Nandini laid beside Mahir, patting him as she made him sleep, kissing his forehead time and again. It was evening by the time the doctor left. She looked towards Manik as he came in and informed her, "Iski kuch dwai hain. Woh lene jaa raha hu. Agastya Maa paas hai."

She nodded and then he walked out of the room. A few minutes later when Mahir was sound asleep, Nandini got up and moved out of the room. As she walked downstairs towards her mother in law's room, the moment Agastya noticed her presence, he started to cry.

"Mahir soh gaya?" her mother in law enquired and Nandini nodded her head as she sat beside her mother in law and picked Agastya in her arms, making him immediately grab onto her dupatta, trying to pull it off in hunger. Nandini looked at her mother in law as she got up while she said, "Yahi peela de. Kamre main shor kiya toh Mahir tang hoga. Main vaise thodi der saath valo ke saath pichli gali jaa ri hu. Unke jawan bete ka kal dehant hogya."

She nodded and while she was feeding Agastya, her mother in law changed her clothes before leaving. She noticed the door of the room which was left partially opened and wanted to close it, especially after what happened in the kitchen.

Agastya started to cry as she suddenly pulled away, his hand tightly fisting her chain, making her lay back. As he latched back, she kept a close eye on the door until she too fell asleep.

~~~~

Nandini woke up with a jerk as she suddenly felt someone's hand on her waist. Her heart beat turned erratic in fear as she noticed her brother in law standing over the edge of the bed while she frantically looked around her mother in law's room and on noticing the empty space on the bed, her voice shook as she asked, "Agastya kaha hain."

"Usko maine Mahir ke saath laita diya," Ashish replied, making her crouch back as he sat on the bed and continued with a smirk, "Ab hum joh karenge un bacho ko toh nahi dikhana na."

As Nandini tried to get up from the bed, she screamed in pain as he suddenly held her back by fisting her hair. She shook her head, her eyes tearing up as she felt him kneeling behind her on the bed, disgusted at feeling him.

"Kaha bhaag rahi hain. Ab bula na apne gharwale koh," he tightened his grasp on her hair in anger, making her whimper in pain as she tried to free herself while he spatted out, "Bade haath chal rahe the na tere. Ab main tujhe bataunga."