Chapter 7: The Perils of Paper People

Y/n POV

In meditation area

I was sleeping in the house where Jaune let us stay at, but I was feeling like I wasn't in the house. I opened my eyes to see that I wasn't in the house, I was in my meditation area, I haven't been here in a while. I got up from the ground where I was and looked around.

Summer: Y/n! It's been a while!

That voice, I know who that is, it's Summer Rose. I turned around to see her and she was wearing a different outfit.

 I turned around to see her and she was wearing a different outfit

You: Summer.

Summer: Hi. It's so good to see you.

Summer walked up to me and hugged me to hug her back.

Summer: Let me have a look at you. (let's go of hug to look at me) Look at you, you've grown a beard, you cut your hair and you're wearing a different outfit. You look so different the last time I saw you.

You: I can say the same to you. You got a good new look. I like it.

Summer: Thanks. So, how are you? Are you doing okay?

You: (looks away) No... I'm not doing okay...

Summer: What? Why?

You: (looks back at Summer) Summer... things are not going well. Ruby is slowly loosing herself... she's starting to let herself be different. I tried to keep cheering her up, but she keeps... she keeps getting more depressed.

Summer: Just give her time, Y/n. She'll find herself soon enough...

You: Give her time? Summer, Ruby's going to want to change herself, become someone else or something like that, I don't know! I-I-I thought I could help her, but she keeps trying to push me away. She's starting to act like me when I used to do that.

Summer: I know, but you have to understand that you have to give her time.

You: I can't give her time. Ruby is slowly breaking, after everything we did. Salem, her followers, the Grimm. Half of Remnant wants us dead!

Summer: Yes, the odds are against you. But they will always be against you. Y/n, you can't fight your way out of some situations.

You: Like in some situations where Ruby is danger? She can't even pick up her own weapon. It's like she's almost going to give up. Ruby has to get herself together and if she doesn't then... then.... (almost tearing up) then I would lose her... forever...

Summer: (walks to me and places her hand on my shoulder) Y/n, I know you want to protect Ruby, but you keep pushing yourself in danger to save her.

You: Look, I know I've been pushing recently, but... ever since Atlas fell-

Summer: What happened to Atlas was not your fault. But ever since then you've been reckless.

You: I keep worrying about something bad happening to Ruby.