Ch. 2: Dual Struggles.

Adria.

I woke up to find myself in a dark room, my hands weren't tied up at all, surprisingly. I couldn't seem to put my eyes on one thing, everything was hidden in the darkness of the room.

I stood up and walked, trying to run my fingers through everything to find a door. At last I found one, but it was locked. I banged and banged, but not opening.

That was not a smart move, because soon I heard footsteps coming towards the room. It was a woman, by the sounds of the heels. I sat back, trembling, waiting for the door to open and reveal whoever. Something in me wanted it to be Phina, but I know she would never wish to set her eyes on me again, not after that night.

The footsteps were getting closer now. I was scared, what if I was to be killed? Then it stopped right in front of the door. I could see the shadow from the space between the door and the floor, scenting of cherry and chamomile.

The knob twisted and turn till a click  sound was made. Slowly, the door opened finally revealing a dark face, with a shadow drawn on the floor from the light on the other side of the room.

She turned and threw her hands at the switch and the light came on. I rub my eyes at the sudden brightness that I haven't seen in quite a long time. Turning, I jolted at the figure standing in front of me.

It was Phina.

I was happy and ran to hug her out of excitement. She took some seconds before she returned the hug.

"How are you?" she asked, her beaming face reading joy.

"I'm okay" I said back, taking her hands in mine. "I'm sorry" I said back, setting her hands on my shoulders and grabbing her waist, filling up the space between us.

"I should be sorry" she said facing down and releasing her hands from mine. "For hiding it. I just don't ever feel comfortable with this life, this vampire and all other stuffs. Staying in the human world has made me rethink my situation. I don't ever feel comfortable and.... "

"Shhhh" I put my hands on her lips, cleaning her tears with the other. "You're perfect the way you are, vampire or human... I love you just like that" then she looked at me and gave off a soft smile.

"We have to get out of here first" she said actually making me realize that I was actually not safe here.

She dragged me out, scanning the area first then continuing through a small corridor to a room that read "Phina" on the door.

We entered the room, decorated with purple lights and only one window. On her table, books and papers scattered and pencils and brushed laid out of its case.

Actually, Phina has been a very great artist ever since I met her, not something that is originally for the human world as she always says. Everytime we met, she always showed me a realistic picture she sketched of me, and what I would wear or look like as though she had some special powers or she was some special vampire.

"Have you had something to eat?" she asked taking out a short and a shirt. My short and my shirt.

"Not in two days" I said and turned to look at her. "How did you have this?" I asked smiling at her and sitting beside the  clothes that she dropped. She just smiled at me and sat on the table.

Then she brought out a morsel of dry bread and handed it to me.

"I really missed you" she said and resumed her position on the table.

Seraphina

She hummed and took off her shirt slowly, revealing her smooth bare skin topped with a red coloured bra holding her small breasts. Then she stood up and turned around, her back to my face.