Ch. 1: Fateful Encounter

This is a very short chapter...

Mystical kiss: Love transcends.

SERAPHINA.

The area was desolate; the only sounds I could hear were the skittering of leaves and billowing of the wind. Chills ran down my spine as i spotted the ruins and walls splattered with blood.

The gravels beneath my shoes cracked as I stepped closer to the huge rock that sat openly amongst the ruins.

"It has all been destroyed" I murmured.

Then I heard sniffs and sobs from behind the rock, only seeing the top of a person's hair.

Moving slowly towards the rock, hand only an inch close to my dagger, I thrust my fangs out in my defense only to find a young girl sitting and holding her hand in pain, looking up then down again and sobs the more.

I quickly withdrew my fangs and knelt to her collecting her brown, smooth hand.

"Ouch" she whimpered with teary eyes glaring at me, then at her hand again.

Blood dripped from the open wound, spilling onto the floor, her eyes fluttered open as she watched me.
I held her bloody hand, restraining my aching throat, I looked up and smiled at her.

"It's okay" I said softly.

Her eyes filled with trust, sank into mine as I drew closer to her hand, releasing my fangs in pain. Then I look up at her and watched as tears roll down her eyes.

"Is it going to hurt?" she asked with a shaky voice.

"Just a little" then I leaned towards her hand,
"I promise"

I whispered, then I couldn't resist the urge, draining all the blood, promising to quit with each passing second as I heard her wails but, I couldn't resist the sweet taste of fresh blood.

Finally, I left her and looked into her dreary eyes.

"Thanks" she sniffed, resting her head against the rock, trying to adjust.

Looking tirelessly, with her now not bleeding hand, lying helplessly on her legs. Her eyes establishing a faint connection between us.

She stretches out her left hand, head still resting against the rock, she lets out a bright smile, revealing her arranged set of white teeth, rummaging her hand through my hair to my neck.

"What's your name?" I asked whispering in her ears as she pulled me closer.

Then she turned, her gaze fixed on my pale lips, her dark brown eyes drawing me towards her.

"Adria" she said, her warm breath sweeping my jawline, sending trickles up to my hands, lying on her lap, letting out my nails piercing her skin.

"Mh-mm" She moaned with pleasure.

Then she looked at me, then at my lips, her eyes heavy and sleepy, she drew closer, running her hand down my neck to my to my waist.

Then she let's out a painful cry, when her wounded hand hits mine, looking at me again, her warm lips pressing mine, slightly opening and stealing my tongue from its humble abode.

Her lips were soft, almost silken, and pillowy against my own. I could feel the soft tickle of her breath beneath my nose, my fingers carding through her hair as we breathed each other in.

I break the kiss, though longing for more, but realizing that the bond we will create, could never bridge the gap between our different worlds...