Ch. 7: Sacrifices and Redemption

ADRIA

I walk into school feeling nauseous and exhausted, this week was a rough one and thank God it's almost finished, few more hours to go and I can go to my mother's for the weekend. Everyone seems to have had a good week and was so excited to be chatting around, while I, in my hooded sweatshirt covering half of my face and baggy trousers, am walking through the hallway, trying not to be noticed.

As I walk past the chemistry lab, a hand grabs me and pulls me in, locks the door and walks back to me, I look up in fear,

"You?"

"Yes. Me. Look Adria, I need to tell you something really fast" he said, cleaning the sweat in his hands on his shorts.

"What is it?"

"Phina is a vampire" he said and paused. We paused.

I wasn't shocked, I always said, anyone who looked strange was a vampire to me.

"How do you know?" I asked after a long minute of silence.

"I saw her fangs in the pantry"

"Boy, what were you doing at the pantry?"

"It's nothing. Trust me on this" he said and left me.

Phina, a vampire, that's the girl I've admired my entire life, not actually my entire life, but since I saw her first at the school bus trip. She was strange, but I ignored it, I never thought I would fall in love with a God knows what, Vampire.

We did things together, then got together and did more things, we were like the best couple, I loved her and she loved me, I trusted her to tell her all my secrets and she couldn't just tell me who she really was even after we started dating. I dated a vampire...

I wore my hoodie cap and walked to my classroom, as i entered, she was looking straight at me because... Wait, what? She's my seat partner...why do I feel so stupid, she's been my seat partner ever since we got together but now I just noticed it.

I walked to my seat and looked at her as she smiled and waved, her brown eyes staring at my straight face, I didn't smile back, instead I did the most foolish thing ever...

"Miss Piggy can I please get another lab partner?"

"Oh yes you may. Martha, pair with Phina. Adria you can sit with Max"

"Thanks" I took my books and left to sit with Max. At least I get to sit with my best friend, who's also gay.

"Max?" I said and drew closer to his ear. "How did you know she was a vampire?" I whispered.

"Alright. Let's begin the class" Miss Piggy said and interrupted us.

Max was always focused in classes, didn't like distraction. I turned around and locked eyes with Phina. She probably didn't know what was coming her way.

***

After school, I walked down the hallway with Max, only so Phina doesn't walk up to me and want to talk. I just want to give her all the space I had. She lied to me, Max was making me feel like the bad guy here.