Choices

Y/N was sitting by the fountain in the courtyard and remembering what happened with the boggart, time passed and the rest of his classmates arrived. They were all avoiding him as they saw that he wasn't going to talk to anyone. Seamus approached him and sat down next to him.

"Are you okay, mate?" Seamus said as Y/N stayed silent but nodded. Seamus took the silence as a que to give Y/N some space. "...you know they would have to get through us before they get to you, and trying to get through Granger is a bad decision in terms of health.."

Y/N looked up and smiled at Seamus before going back to reading his book. That was when he looked up and saw Hermione and Ron approaching. Hermione sat down next to Y/N on the edge of the fountain.

"Ron, come 'ere a minute." Seamus said as he smiled to Y/N.

Hermione put her hand on Y/N's and looked him in the eyes.

"They killed mine and Harry's parents, I remember it like it was yesterday and I can still remember them." Y/N explained as Hermione looked at him and ran her thumb over the back of Y/N's hand.

"Y/N, you don't have to be afraid of them anymore, you have us, and we're not letting them get you." Hermione said as Y/N looked at her, she believed what she was saying.

Y/N smiled at her as Hermione looked at him.

"There's my best friend. Come on, what do you say we enjoy our day?" Hermione said as Y/N nodded, he wanted to talk about it more, to get some things off of his chest, but this wasn't the best time or place. Y/N stood up and put on a brave smile.

A few minutes later McGonagall and Filch arrived and people began to hand in their permission slips. Y/N handed his in and McGonagall looked at him and stopped him.

"Mr. Potter. Kestis has signed your permission slip. Professor Lupin informed me about yesterday, if you ever need to talk, my door is always open." McGonagall said as Y/N nodded to her and smiled.

Y/N, Ron, and Hermione were talking when Harry arrived and tried to hand in the slip to McGonagall.

"No permission form signed, no visiting the village. That's the rule, Potter." McGonagall said.

"But professor, I thought that if you signed it, then I could go." Harry suggested.

"I can't. Only a parent or a guardian can sign. Since I am neither, it would be inappropriate." McGonagall said as Y/N had an idea.

"Professor? Would a sibling count as a guardian if the students legal adult guardians are let's say, abusive, bullying, violent cu-...my point is, would a sibling be able to sign?" Y/N said calmly as McGonagall looked at Y/N and gave him a sympathising smile.

"As much as I wish it were so, that is not possible. I'm sorry, Potter. That's my final word." McGonagall said as she left. Harry stood there as Y/N felt his heart drop.

"Professor. Harry can have my slip, I'll stay." Y/N said as McGonagall looked at Y/N. "He's my brother, technically, Cal's signature would count. Harry can go on the trip, I'll stay behind."

McGonagall seemed to think on it for a moment before nodding.

"Only for this one trip, Harry will have to stay behind for the Christmas trip." McGonagall said as Y/N nodded. Harry looked to Y/N before pulling him into a bear hug.

"Thank you." Harry said to Y/N who smiled.

"Your my brother. I've always got your back." Y/N said as Harry smiled.

Harry waved as he followed Hermione and Ron. Hermione smiled to Y/N who returned the smile, they both blushed for a moment. Y/N went inside to go to the Room of Requirement, he wanted to find out more about Darth Mater...