Chapter Twenty-Eight

* * *

"Don't play too much now that you have just gotten better. Allen baby, I put you in charge of your Twin, okay?" Sam reminded. Since they have been staying at the hospital for a week just to make sure nothing was wrong with Alex, both children must have felt suffocated because they were unable to play for that long so now that they are finally home, they couldn't help running and jumping around the house.

"Okay, Mommy~" Allen replied but Sam knew too well that the two would just play around until exhaustion because it had been a while since they got back home as well after trying to run away. Thankfully, they no longer had to abandon or sell the house of his dreams because Zach's family was in support of their relationship, and for some reason, his family was also staying silent after the commotion at the hospital. Sam had also learned a lot about their family history and situation but to be honest, he didn't even care anymore, and thankfully, his father must have already calmed down a bit after learning the truth.

Of course, this was not because he no longer cared if Sam was marrying into the Weltons but because he was afraid that the public would know and he'd be criticized for being a bastard son. He wanted to keep the image that the world knew and that only Gregory Welton should be the bastard son and not him. But as Sam had already decided, even if his father continued to be against him, as long he does not take his sons away from him, he'd be okay.

"Don't worry about them, they'll be fine. You, on the other hand, should rest," Zach whispered, hugging Sam from the back. Because they were in the hospital for a week, even though Alex had gotten better on the 4th day, Sam would still make sure his fever wouldn't result and so he had very little sleep. Now that they're back, he wants his now soon-to-be wife/husband to rest.

"I can't rest just yet, I need to unpack," Sam mentioned, quickly making Zach frown because there was no way he was going to let his lover do any work for the time being. Not to mention, he himself had just gotten better from his own illness and he can't overwork himself.

"Nope. You are not touching anything from now on. I know you want to be hands on with the kids but I am bringing people to do most of your work. I don't want you collapsing before our wedding day," Zach said and without warning lifted Sam into his arms causing him to squeal in surprise. He tried to struggle but of course, it was already a given he wouldn't be able to do much with Zach refusing to put him down.

"Zach! Put me down. Oh my god! I'm heavy~"

"Don't struggle or I might drop you," Zach chucked and proceeded to climb the stairs. At the same time, both Allen and Alex saw how their mommy and daddy act with each other and they both giggled letting them be.

"Allen, Alex, Mommy needs to rest. Are you okay playing here alone? Daddy's gonna join you in a bit," Zach said as he was climbing the stairs with Sam in his arms.

"Okaaaay, Daddy/Papa~" The two replied in unison. "You can stay with Mommy longer Daddy. Alex and Allen will play here. We'll be good," Allen added with a giggle. Meanwhile, Sam just face-palmed himself and can't believe the two easily listened to their father when it was just him and the twins, oftentimes they wouldn't even leave his side.

"Thanks, Baby..." Zach replied with a smirk before finally being on the second floor and trailing the way to the master's bedroom. As the door closed behind them, Zach soon laid Sam on the bed but Sam wasn't having it.

"I'm not tired or sleepy though," Sam raised his brows and crossed his arms. He understands that Zach was probably worried about his health but for the last five years, he even had to get up while sick because he had to feed his kids. While people would probably wonder why he didn't hire a nanny or maid to help him with the housework but back then, he was afraid of what people would tell his kids who had a man giving birth to them. Yes, he has all the money he needs to become comfortable but he can't afford to have someone constantly leer or judge their situation. So now, he had gotten used to all the work and he'd be even more anxious anyway if he stayed up not doing anything.