Chapter Twenty-Three

* * *

" Really? He's willing to do that? " Sam asked Zach surprised as he was laid in the bed again. Although his Father may not take Garry Welton's invitation into consideration, it was still a big step.

" Yeah, in fact, if your father would just agree to meet. They can do it tonight. " Zach said tucking in Sam. The news made Sam happy but later on, felt dejected knowing that there's a higher possibility that even if they indeed talk, it still won't do anything. His father would still insist on his selfish demands.

" I hope it would turn out good. " 

" Don't think about it now. You just have to rest or the kids will be worried. " Zach cooed which Sam replied with a nod. A short after their little chat, Sam's food arrived. Since he was sick for the past days, Sam had been eating food rich in protein and still be easy to digest so he wasn't surprised to see that he's now served with porridge with eggs and shredded meat on it.

" Umm? Can I eat anything else? I hate porridge. " Sam requested with a grimace on his face. He had enough of soups and porridge, he wants real food in his stomach.

" You can but you have to eat at least the meat and eggs in there, okay? " Zach replied making Sam pout. At this moment, he was actually craving food that has mozzarella cheese on it. 

" If you get well soon then you can eat all you want. But now, you have to build your immune system. "

" Okay. Gosh, I don't remember you bossing me around when we were in college. " Sam rolled his eyes and started scoping out food from his porridge bowl.

" I'm not bossy. I'm just concerned. " Zach laughs as he watches his partner eating with a grimace on his face every time he swallows the food. When Sam was done, Zach advises him to rest his fever a little more and when he wakes up with it not going away, he will admit Sam again to the hospital since the Welton family doctor won't be able to come at their current location with them being in the next city.

Zach watches Sam a little more and left when he was confident that the stubborn man had finally slept. He immediately went to his father who's now on his office drinking on his daily caffeine. The second Zach walked inside the room, Garry Welton looks at him putting down his cup to the table.

" What is it, Zach? " He asked raising his eyebrows to his youngest son. Although he may not seem like it, he does love his sons. That's why even though he didn't want to talk to someone like Gregory Abiñon, he was gonna do it for the sake of his family not breaking apart.

" You said, you were gonna talk to Sam's father tonight. " Zach asked walking close.

" Yes, he just emailed me surprisingly. " Garry Welton replied following Zach with his eyes.

" Where? "

" So you can sneak around and listen to our conversation? " Garry guessed. " Zach let me handle this. If Greg finds you there he might wanna send you to prison for kidnapping."

" Kidnapping!? Is he talking about himself? If Sam had just let me, I could make him go into prison. He and his wife kidnapped Allen and Alex and then kept Sam in the house that's why he's now sick! " Zach barked angrily. If there was someone needed to be sent into prison it should be Gregory, not him.

" hmmm, but in that way, you'll be only be giving him an overnight sleep behind bars. That alone could not keep him in prison. Your partner knows better. " Garry taunted but didn't affect Zach. Even if it's just an overnight stay, he'd be happy to do it to the man for emotionally tormenting Sam.

" . . . "

" I see that you're still impulsive as ever. "

" I just want to see the man, Dad. I'm not a little kid anymore. I can handle myself. " Zach replied glaring elsewhere.

" In my eyes, you're still a kid that runs around trying to act like an adult but alright. I'll take you to meet Gregory Abiñon. "

* * *

Later that night.

" Where is Daddy going? " Allen asked as they watch movies with Timothy and little Matt in the living room. Sam slowly caress Alex's hair and glances at Allen. Earlier, all men in the house except Sam and Timothy left not even eating dinner. Sam knew they were going to meet his father but the kids didn't need to know that. Allen and Alex only though all the things that had happened was just a vacation. His mother and father tried to keep his sons away from him but he didn't want the kids to hate their grandparents.

" Daddy just had something he needed to do, baby. "

" Is Daddy going to buy medicine for mommy? " Pouting, the little kid guessed. For the past days, he had been noticing Sam taking medicine. Despite his young age, he knew that when you take medicine, you are sick. This is because as Allen and Alex grew up, Sam had been constantly getting fever due to overwork and when that days come, Sam always asks the kids to not get too close to him and that he needed to drink medicine. That time really stuck to Allen and Alex.

"  No baby, mommy doesn't need medicine anymore. Mommy isn't sick. "

" Really? You're not sick anymore? " The little guy asked excitedly which Sam replied with a lively " Yup. " before Allen started jumping joyfully that had caused his younger twin to groan awake from his nap. The sleepyhead whines pouting climbing up onto Sam's arms and nuzzled his nose against Sam's neck.

" Oops careful, Alex is sleeping already. " Sam giggles and rubs Allen's hair before swaying Alex asleep.

" Oops Sorry! " Allen apologizes with a big grin on his face before he too hugs Sam. Sam smiled helplessly and hugs the two thinking what would happen with the two without him around? The kids were so used to him around, that it would be impossible to separate them from him.

" I think it's time to sleep, hmm? " Sam suggested which the boy replied with a simple nod as he clings unto Sam.

" I want to sleep with Mommy and Alex in bed. " The little guy demanded. 

" Okay sure, cupcake. " Sam smiled softly before turning to face Timothy.

" Uhm Timothy, I think my kids will need to sleep now. Does Matt still wanna watch TV? " Sam asked Timothy who's down on the floor with a pillow all around him as he laid with Matt inside his embrace. Not hearing a reply from the man, Sam shifted to peek at the two and realized they were already asleep with both of them curled on each other.

" Baby, can you get that blanket over there and drape it over to Matt and his mommy? " Smiling as he watches the two,  Sam requested to Allen as they stood up from the couch. Although Sam could carry Matthew in his room, there was no way Sam could carry Timothy as the man was larger than him.

Nodding at Sam's request. Allen toddled over to the blanket before picking it up and messily spread it over to both Matt and Timothy. Sam also turned off the TV. After checking if everything was safe to leave for the night, they also went ahead and trailed their way to their room.

Meanwhile, on a certain exclusive restaurant that Garry Welton rented out for the night, three men faced each other. No one was talking yet, they simply drank their wine and waited which of them was the first one to talk. Zach, on the other hand, was slowly losing his patience as he gulps down his wine and slams the glass on the table.

" Are we just going to sit here and watch each other? " he burst, his words directed to his father before he looked at Gregory Abiñon who had raised his eyebrows putting his wine down.

" Your son must have got this attitude from you," he commented. His voice sounded flat, void with any emotion. It was very clear the two were not friends from the way look at each other, it almost felt like the two of them were awkward around each other.

" Unfortunately, he got it from his mother. " Garry Welton replied sipping on his wine. 

" . . . " listening to the twos short exchange of words, Zach massages his temples in frustration. 'Did they hate each other that much that they don't even want to talk!?' Zach thought, suddenly realizing the night will be a long one. It almost feels like it would be better if they start punching each other than what's happening now. The two were too formal for their own good.

* * *

To be continued...

VOTE.COMMENT.FOLLOW.