{four}

"Matthew, where are we going?" I say as I laugh.
He starts to smile awkwardly, "I actually have no idea... I thought it would be a cool dramatic affect but now it's not going as I hoped." At this point we're both can't help but laugh.
"How about we go get something to eat?"
"That sounds great" he agrees.

When we get to Panera, Matthew insists on paying. We sit and eat our food when our conversation is interrupted.

"Seriously, Josie?"

I look up to see Sammy standing at our table.

"Can you just go away?" I ask.
He shakes his head, "not until you tell me what you're doing here with him."
"What does it matter to you?" Matthew says as he stands to.
Sammy just laughs, "how can you even see me? Your glasses are out of the picture."
Matthew rolls his eyes, "I'm not blind."
"About that," I say, "what the fuck is your problem? Why would you break his glasses?"
"Just trying to help the kid out!"
"What are you talking about?" I ask with annoyance in my voice.
"If a guy that isn't me is going to be with you, he should at least look normal. Then again, what's a nerd without his glasses? But now he can't see, which is good. Because only I deserve to see you, because you're mine."
Matthew mutters, "I have contacts... I can see fine..."
"I happen to think he looks pretty hot without glasses."
I can tell Matthew is trying not to smile, "thanks," he says faintly.

"Whatever, Josie. Fuck up your own life, I'm not gonna try to help you anymore. Someday you'll realize you're supposed to be me and not someone like him," Sammy says and he storms out. Matthew jumps up and runs after him.

"Matthew, what are you doing?!" I follow behind him. Right as I make it outside I find Matthew, punching Sammy in the face. Sammy falls back and try's to regain his balance. Matthew looks at me with wide eyes, surprised by his actions.

"Let's go" he whispers and we run to the car. We start to drive away and Sammy's back at us, "I'll get you back for this you son of a bitch!"

"Why did you do that, Matthew?"
"Well, uh... I wasn't going to just let him talk to you like that.."
"Thanks Matthew.. A guy had never done something like that for me.. but I'm worried for you now though, he's not going to stop until he gets you back and then some."
"Well it was worth it. You aren't his anymore... and I want you to be mine..." he replies as his voice trails off at the end.
I can't help but smile, "I'd like that," I say softly.

AN: sorry this was so short!! I'll make it up to yall in the next chapter! Please vote and comment what you think!!