{seven}

I start to yell, "MATTHEW", as I run down the stairs. No answer. When I finally reach the bottom and I immediately check his pulse. It's slow, but existent.

"SOMEONE HELP" I scream.

I dial 911,

911, What's your emergency?
-"please help, my boyfriend is passed out, his heart rate is slow, he's bleeding out from his head, I don't know what happened?"
Are you calling from the high school?
-"yes, I'm at the back entrance staircase, please come quickly"

"SOMEONE HELP!" I scream again.

I take my shirt off and wrap it around his head to help the bleeding on his head.

I grab Matthew's hand, "you're going to be ok, you have to be ok... I'm not going anywhere..."

I hear footsteps and I turn around to see Mr Conners running down the stairs.

"Y/n, what happened?" he asks frantically.
"I don't know, I found him like this.. I called the police already.." I say through my tears.
"He'll be ok.."

I never thought one of my teachers would see me without a shirt on but for the pertaining circumstance, it has to happen.

After a few minutes, the ambulance arrives and rushes him out. I hop in the truck with them and continue to hold my hand. They hand me a scrub top when they have the moment to realize I no longer have a shirt.

They attach many things to him that I don't even know what they do. When we get to the ER, they rush him to a room but they don't let me back so I sit in the waiting room. And wait.

I call Matthew's mom and then my mom to let them know what's going on.

After 10 minutes, Matthew's mom runs in and straight to me. I give her hug as we both cry into each other's shoulders.

"I don't know what happened..."
"Is he going to be ok? Can I go back there?"
I shake my head, "no one is allowed back.. But I don't know anything about whether he'll be ok."

We sit down and wait together for what seems like forever. A doctor comes out and let's us know that Matthew is in emergency surgery but they don't know how he's going to come out. I don't know what I'll do if I lose him. I know we've only been together for a short period of time, but I've known him for so long and I can't imagine losing my childhood best friend.

I get a call, it's from Sammy.

-"Sam, what do you want?"
I heard about what happened.. Is he gonna make it?
-"Why do you care? You hate him"
But I care about you
-"Hopefully he'll be ok.. We don't know yet..."
Do you need anything?
-"I'm fine. I gotta go."
Keep me updated

I hang up and put my phone to the side. Sammy calling just seems so sketchy to me and I just don't understand. I guess I should be optimistic.

"Does Taylor know?" Mrs Espinosa asked me.

Shit, I forgot to tell him.

"No, I'll call him right now.."

As I dial his number, Taylor comes running in, "why didn't you call? Why didn't you tell me?"
"I'm sorry, my mind has been so busy, I didn't even think about anything but Matthew."
I try to give him a hug but he backs away, "what's your problem?" I ask.
Taylor rolls his eyes and walks away.

I still don't know what his problem is. I'll have to talk to him, but this is just not the time.