010 chasing ghosts

010chasing ghosts

010
chasing ghosts

Unlike the others, Bianca didn't sleep

While her friends slept on haystacks, she daydreamed of how it felt to lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above her head. To listen to silence. To have no yesterday and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace. She dreamt of how flowers would grow from her rotting body, and she was in them. And that was eternity.

That faraway fantasy was ripped away from her, however, when Portis' phone pinged in JJ's pocket. He shifted, lifting the hat off his head while Cleo walked over, stopping her pacing.

"Is that..." Bianca trailed off, tearing her gaze from the horse stables.

"The phone," JJ pulled the device from his shorts. "Yeah. Some dude named Fenton."

Bianca's eyebrows drew together, "What?"

"Dunno," JJ pushed himself to his feet at a slightly alarming pace. "Hey, guys- wake up-" He shook John B and Pope who were snoozing on either side of him, his voice steadily raising to a shout. "Wake up! Guys! I got something."

"I'm up..." John B mumbled under his breath.

"Meet me at the pin at 6:15. P4L," The blond boy announced to the group who were all up and alert by then.

John B took the phone from him and couldn't deny the text was suspicious. Whoever this Fenton dude was, shared his location with them via a single red pin in the middle of the map.

"And we're supposed to believe that's Kiara?" Sarah scoffed groggily.

"I don't know. This all could be a trap," Pope pursed his lips. "It's exactly how he set us up last time."

Bianca's frown deepened, "No, Singh tracked our location last time. He could be trying to lure us out."

JJ agreed, "He knows we got the phone, and he knows he can't track it. So-"