Ep 5: "Go! Karts"

Anti and Sam stood patiently outside as they talked between themselves, waiting for Chase to open up the garage.

Chase was known for his cameos on Jack's channel, playing the depressed and hopeless father, but that wasn't the case. Sure he had an ex-wife and kid he barely saw, he had a few doubtful moments too, but he was actually the most optimistic and go lucky character ever to exist.

"Ah ha!" They heard as the garage door slowly opened. "Shop is open for business!"

"Finally!" Anti groaned, dragging a box inside. "My sunscreen is evaporating out here."

"Oh good, you applied."

"Are we going to make the kart now, daddy?" Sam asked, walking inside .

"Yup, just careful of Jackie's bike."

"That things still here?" Anti judged, staring at the rusted vehicle.

"Yeah, but Sean wants him to sell it for "safety" purposes."

"Fucking Sean."

"Swear tin!"

Anti glared at his niece, digging in his pocket for a coin.

"Another for the attitude." She coaxed.

"You're bleeding me dry here."

Sam giggled and placed the coins into her swear tin. Anti loved spending time with his niece, but he hated that tin. Every day he spent with her he felt as if he was giving away his life savings.

Chase took the box and cut it open, pulling all sorts of parts out along with the instructions. Anti and Sam watched as he carefully read it through, separating and sorting parts before allowing them to join.

"Okay...Anti, you are on reading duty and Sam you pass the parts to daddy."

"Putting a lot of faith on me, Brody."

"I'm sure you can read the numbers, plus they have a copy so I know where to place them."

"Speaking of numbers, when are you going to teach me calculations? Marvin's been on my case about it."

"Can't you count, Uncle Anti?" Sam questioned.

"He can," Chase explained, passing the papers to Anti. "he just has trouble adding and subtracting."

"Did you not learn at school?"

"I never went to school...And someone didn't specify my mathematical abilities when I was created."

"To sum up, Uncle Anti is stupid."

Anti grumbled as he held back his tongue, reading the instructions. The three slowly, but eventually got to work. Chase put everything together as Anti and Sam worked on finding the pieces, playfully arguing every now and then when they couldn't find a part.

"Alright, step sixteen. Grab the two flat pieces, the thingys over there."

"Got it." Sam mumbled to herself, picking up the two pedals. "Here you are, daddy."

"Thanks sweet heart. I think after I set these on we should take a snack break."

"Yes!" Sam cheered.

Anti smiled and set the paper to the side, laying down on the flattened box like a mat. "A cheese toastie would be lovely, thanks Brody."

"And you, Sam?" Chase questioned, resting once he tightened the last screw.

"Cheese with tomatoe!"

"Can do. Stay here, okay."