CHAPTER 153

"Okay, now remove your hands."

Lisa did so and blinked in confusion when she was still standing in utter darkness. It was so dark, she could barely see Mingyu ahead of her.

"What's going on—"

She gasped when Mingyu clicked a button and immediately, the darkness turned into brilliant shimmers of lights.

The scenery was absolutely surreal and breathtakingly beautiful. Majestic archways covered with a dazzling array of lights. There were rows upon rows of intricately crafted white-metal work upon the arches. Exquisite and dainty flowers interspersed with fairy lights, the exquisite and colorful flowers patches stretched on for miles to come. Accented by string lights twinkling from above, this place was beyond magical.

The biggest thing that stood out for her was the strikingly colorful carpet of white, red, and pink roses on the floor, hundreds of them were fashioned into a cliche heart shape, candles artfully strewn throughout the arrangements.

Lisa felt her eyes tear up, clearly overwhelmed by her emotions. Mingyu walked to her with an enormous edible bouquet that brought a delighted laugh from her. He really knew her well... Instead of flowers, he'd gotten her fruits, all cut into different designs!

He handed her the gift and then wrapped his arms around her waist, turning her body to the side where she could oversee the city of Shenbei, which seemed darker than usual. The brilliant lights she had grown up to were nowhere to be found, only the lights of a few office buildings were still on in the distance.

Then, without warning, a blast of light flew out of nowhere and shot into the sky, exploding into fiery sparks that lit up the night sky, shining brighter than the stars. The fireworks shot out color in every direction, sparkling, tumbling, and flashing. It was a spectacular sight to witness, the iridescent rays bursting through the limitless night sky. In the blink of an eye, the once empty and plain darkness was lit up with color, just like the way Mingyu brought the light of hope and love back into her colorless world.

Lisa was at a loss for words. So choked by emotions, she couldn't even form a sentence. Just then, a different type of firework flew into the sky. It spelled out, 'Say Yes.' She turned around in confusion.

Revealing his most charming smile, he asked, "Will you be my woman?" He refused to say, girlfriend, for the word was so outdated and meaningless to him. He wanted to do nothing more but say wife, but knew that would send her running for the hills. Just as she wanted to, he would take it slow with her.

The question sounded like a demand, one that she knew her heart will never let her reject.

"O-of course I will." She sniffed, rapidly nodding her head. His smile became a grin stretching to his ears as he yanked her into his arms, crashing her body against his.

"Good, because I wasn't going to take no for an answer." With that said, he crashed his lips down to hers. It was sweet and slow as he savored every part of her mouth, his lips painstakingly claiming everything, pulling her lips into his mouth to suck and lick before lightly biting it and thrusting his tongue into her mouth to taste her. Delectable and sweet as always, he knew he could never get enough of her. When she ran her hand up his back, her fingers airy light, he shivered and held her tighter until not a single inch was left between them.

He pulled back to let her breathe and using one hand, pressed the back of her head so that she was resting her face on his chest.

"You can't run anymore, Lalisa, you're my woman now." He declared, even though there wasn't a band on her finger or their names on a marriage certificate.