Kikiwaka's Got Talent

"Afternoon, campers! Tomorrow is the Camp Kikiwaka Talent Show!" I announced.

"Auditions are this afternoon-"

"Yes! It's my time to shine!" Noah said excitedly.

"Relax, Hollywood," Lou said. "Only campers can perform. You're directing the show."

"Yeah, I'm really more of an on-stage guy than a backstage guy," Noah said.

"Well, instead, you should be in charge of separating the dry garbage from the wet garbage," I reasoned.

"Directing it is!" Noah decided.

"So, everyone who wants to perform, see Noah, or tell your counselor, and they will report to Noah," I explained.

"This is your chance to show off some talents that might otherwise go unnoticed," Lou added. "And others that maybe should. I'm looking at you, Stan. No one likes a mime."

~~~

"So much to do, so much to do," I mumbled as I rushed around.

"Really?" Arms wrapped around my waist, lifting me off of the ground. He turned and put me down. I sighed as my hands rested on his shoulders. "Relax."

"I physically and mentally can't," I admitted. "The talent show's really important to me."

Griff raised an eyebrow. "Why, because your campers are not that thrilled with camp?"

"Somewhat." I sighed. I leaned up and kissed his forehead. "I love you, but I need to get back to work."

"No," Griff whined. "Why don't we go on a walk in the woods? Picnic on the dock? Something to distract you from this and pay attention to me."

"Griff, sweetheart. You got my attention yesterday, when you fell into the lake," I explained.

"Affection. Love. Endearment. Anything that involves you, me, and no kids," Griff pleaded.

I sighed. "Fine. But can you help me with this, then?"

"Of course. I'm not leaving my girlfriend in the dust," Griff said, grabbing my hand and pulling me away from my projects.

~~~

"Welcome, everyone, to the Camp Kikiwaka Talent Show! I'm your emcee, Noah's your advisor, (Y/n)'s your supervisor, and over on the ones and twos is my number three, D.J. Ava. Drop the beat!" Lou announced. "Give me a d-rop on the b-eat!"

"Ava!" I hissed, pressing the button.

She woke up, startled. "Ava, you need to sleep. You can't even function right now."

"I can't," Ava whined quietly.

"Now, coming up first to the stage, Billy Thompson from Badger Cabin will dazzle us with Irish step dancing. D.J. Ava, drop the beat!" Lou said. "Kind of hard to dance a jig to a lovesick dolphin!"

"Sorry, my bad," Ava said before she started the music.

~~~

"Give it up for the Magnificent Molly, and her dark arts!" I exclaimed, smiling.

"Who's got your nose? It's Molly!" Lou added. "Coming up next is what everybody loves in the middle of a two-hour show. A mime! D.J. Ava, drop the beat! You are really pressing my buttons tonight, Ava. Just not the right ones."

I looked over at the kids as Lou messed with the controls. They looked at me worriedly. The show was slightly delayed, and we had a faulty D.J. booth. Worst of all, the kids looked either bored or about to fall asleep. This was exactly what I was worried about.

~~~

"Thank you, Bart! We all knew socks could warm our feet, but now we know they can warm your heart. Good night everybody! D.J. Lou, play us off!" I said, pointing at her.

"Wait! I still haven't performed!" Matteo protested.

"You said you and Finn were dropping out," I hissed.

"I changed my mind," Matteo explained.

"Okay, great," I said, quickly rushing off of the stage while Matteo got on.

"But I can't do my act without my best friend," Matteo said. "Finn, wanna dance?"

"Our dance?" Finn questioned.

They talked quietly. They hugged quickly.

"Gwen, will you come up here?" Finn asked.

"Me?" Gwen quickly ran up to the stage.

They danced while Lou started the music. I smiled when they held Finn up in the air.

"That was beautiful!" Lou said.

"D.J. Lou, play us off!" I said.

I quickly helped Lou stop the noise. I pressed the button on the corner of the board. It played music, making me sigh in relief. I looked up. The campers were smiling and clapping, but ready for lights out. Rachel gave me a thumbs-up as the three girls headed back to Weasel Cabin.

"Let me handle this next time," I said.

"Of course," Lou said, quickly rushing on stage again.