7

Anna stood there for a moment; her eyes filled with tears. She couldn't believe what had just happened. She had put so much effort into trying to make things work, but it seemed like everything was falling apart.

Slowly, she started walking away, not wanting to look back. Jake tried to stop her, but she shook her head and told him to leave.

She didn't want anyone to see her like this. She didn't want anyone to know how much pain she was in. All she wanted was to be alone, to try and come to terms with what had happened.

Jake tried to stop her, but she shook her head and told him,

"Jake, You will not understand my feelings, so don't tell me anything."

"I'm not in the position to listen."

With that, she started walking away. Her shoulders slumped and her head bowed.

Jake watched as Anna walked away and stood there for a few moments then he shouted out loud,

"Who said that I can't understand your feeling?

"I think nobody can understand you, better than me, Anna!"

His voice trailed off.

Jake's words seemed to hit her, Anna stopped in her tracks and turned around. Anna looked at him, tears streaming down her face.

Jake slowly walked to her and his eyes became red and tears started to fill in his eyes.
He reached out and gently brushed away the tears from her cheeks and said softly,

"I understand, Anna. I know the pain you are going through."

He held her tightly and they both stood there in silence, tears streaming down their faces. It was a moment of understanding and compassion, a moment of shared pain that allowed them to connect on a deeper level.

Jake grabbed her face with his two hands and looked into her eyes. He said,

"Anna, I love you. I love you so much."

His voice was filled with emotion as he spoke, and Anna could feel the sincerity in his words. She felt a sudden burst of warmth wash over her. She looked into his eyes and her eyes widened and tears started streaming down her face.

Jake gently wiped away her tears with his finger and said,

"I had a crush on you the day I met you, but I never had the guts to tell you."

Anna was taken aback by this confession. She had no idea Jake had such strong feelings for her.

Jake continued,

"I knew you had feelings for Ben and,
I didn't want to stand in your happiness. So, when you told me about your crush on him, I decided to step back and let you confess your love for him."

Jake held Anna's face again in his hands and looked into her eyes with all the emotion he was feeling.

"Anna, please give me a chance to take care of you,"

he said softly. "I know I can make you happy. Just give me a chance to show you how much I care for you."

Anna felt her heart swell with emotion and she knew she couldn't deny him.

Their eyes locked in a deep gaze. Jake couldn't help but notice her plump lips, and he slowly ran his fingers over them. Anna felt a shiver down her spine as she closed her eyes, savouring the touch.

Jake leaned in closer, his heart racing with anticipation. Their lips finally met, and Jake closed his eyes, lost in the moment. Tears started to stream down his face as he finally kissed her. The kiss felt like an eternity, as if time had stopped and they were the only two people in the world

Jake's left hand reached over to Anna's waist, pulling her closer to him. Anna felt her heart beating faster and faster as the kiss intensified. Her hand slowly made its way to Jake's neck, her fingers lightly tracing the nape of his neck. Jake shivered slightly as he felt Anna's touch. He deepened the kiss, letting his hand wander up to the back of Anna's head.

A few moments later, Anna opened her eyes and suddenly realized what was happening. Her heart was beating non-stop and she looked at Jake with a mixture of emotions. She couldn't believe what had just happened. Anna quickly pushed him away, her mind racing with thoughts of confusion and disbelief. Jake stepped back, unsure of what to do next. Anna suddenly turned around and ran away from him.
She didn't know what to think or feel. Jake watched her run and felt confused. He was overwhelmed with emotions and felt completely lost. He wanted to go after her, but he didn't know what to say. He felt helpless, not knowing how to make the situation better. He decided to just let her go, hoping that she would come back to him soon.

This time on the other side

As Maria tried to run away, Ben quickly caught up to her and held her tightly from behind. He urged her to listen to him, but Maria tried to push him away. Despite her resistance, Ben continued to hold her firmly and told her that things were not as she thought they were.
He couldn't bear living without her. Maria was hesitant to believe him, but Ben spoke from his heart and pleaded with her to give him a chance to explain. In the end, Maria decided to hear him out, and the two of them sat down to talk things out.

Ben explained his side of the story, about his first crush on the unknown person and the reason he proposed to her.

He confessed that he had started to feel something for Anna, but the moment he saw Maria running away, he realized that he could not live without her. He told Maria that he had realized his feelings towards Anna were only because of his guilt and that his true love was always Maria, and he couldn't bear the thought of losing her.

Ben asked for her forgiveness, and he was prepared to accept whatever consequences came with it. He looked into her eyes and begged her to give him a chance to prove his love and make things right. Maria looked at Ben with a mix of emotions in her eyes. She felt torn, but in the end, she decided to give him another chance. Ben was overjoyed and hugged her tightly.
He promised to make things right, to prove to her that he was a changed man. He also promised that he would never make the same mistakes again. Maria smiled and held him close and believing in her heart that things would be different this time. They kissed and embraced each other.