Chapter Ten

"Alright, so Benjiman right?"

Benjamin gave a short nod. He could feel the nerves running down his spine. Here he was, sitting in the Princess of Hell's office, being interviewed for a job.

Why did I agree to this? He thought.

"So as you may know, your good friend Chloe recommended you for our massage therapist position! Yay! I just need some basic information about you."

Benjamin merely gave a nod; he was too nervous to do anything else.

"Day of Death?" Charlie questioned.

"1986."

"Sin committed?"

"Wrath."

"Good. And finally, how did you die?"

The words left Benji in a state of shock. Not out of surprise of course, that would be a standard question to ask somebody. He was more shocked because, well...

"I can't remember."

His voice was devoid of emotion. His breathing became accelerated. The room started to rotate, becoming blurry.

"Ben...are...oka..?"

Charlie's voice, despite being crisp and clear, was slowly becoming more and more hushed and muffled...

"H-Help..."

Benjamin could feel himself become light-headed. His brain was going a million miles a minute.

"Benji!"

He recognized that voice. He gazed up towards the sound.

"Hey buddy, can you tell me five things you can see?" Chloe asked. Her voice as gentle as a summer breeze.

"A c-chair, a desk, a painting, a c-carpet, a-and a copy machine."

"Four things you can touch?"

"M-My sw-sweater, t-the wooden floor, the carpet, and my wings."

Chloe gave a sweet nod, it was comforting.

"Three things you can hear Ben?"

"The radio, C-Charlie's footsteps, and you."

"Very good two things you can smell?"

Benji could feel himself calming down.

"Your perfume a-and apples?"

His vision cleared and this returned to what they once were.

"Hey dude, one thing you can taste?"

Benji gave a tired chuckle.

"Jackshit my dude. Jack fucking shit."

Charlie spoke up, guilt written upon her face.

"Benjiman I am so sorry! I didn't mean to cause a panic! You can work here if you would still like."

He gave her a tired smile and nodded.

"O-Oh! Great! You can start in a couple of days so that way you can get used to everybody here."

"Okay."

Chloe put a comforting hand on his back.

"I'll walk you to your room buddy."

The two walked out of Charlie's office and started their journey forwards.

Not a moment later, Alastor walked into the princess' office.

"Hello my dear! How are you doing on this gloomy day?"

Charlie looked up to greet her sponsor.

"Hey Al! I'm actually doing well. You will never guess what just happened!"

Alastor raise his eyebrow.

"What happened my dear?"

"We got another person working here! His name is Benjiman and he is gonna be a massage therapist!"

"That's wonderful news, Charlie. Maybe he can be useful for the only patron you have."

He walked away smirking at the princess' sad smile.

"Next order of business: find my darling wife."

His walk was brisk, as he found Chloe with a stranger he assumed was Benjiman.

"Sweetheart, how are you doing? Who may this young man be?"

She turned around with a glare.

"I was doing great until you arrived. Also I don't believe its your business to know who I am around."

Alastor gave a chuckle.

"Unfortunately my darling wife, I am the sponsor of this establishment and it is my duty to know who works here. So, who may this young man be?"

Of course Alastor already knew who this was, but she didn't need to know that.

"Of fucking course you do," she said with her jaw clenched.

"I'm Benjiman," Benji greeted with a blank face. "I will be working here as a massage therapist from here on out."

Alastor took his hand, shaking it.

"Good to meet you, my good man. Hope to see you again soon."

He walked away, smile permanent on his face.

Chloe continued to glare at her husband.

"I am guessing he is the asshole husband?" Benji asked.

"Let's continue to your room. I don't want to think about him anymore."

Benji nodded with a small smile.

Alastor's shadow appeared on the wall with a sinister smile. Chloe's shadow appeared and gave it the middle finger before scurrying away to her.

With a snap, Al's shadow returned to him.

"You were correct."

He told his master, "This will be more difficult than I thought."

"Don't worry my friend, we will win this foolish war in the end."