Chapter 2

It was 4.am in the morning when Leni woke up, still feeling tired from walking and finishing all her documents back at the company from yesterday. She went downstairs to their kitchen and made herself a cup of coffee. While drinking her coffee, she spot their clock and gasped.

"5:30 na pala! Aalis pala kami!" She got startled as she remembered she's going on a trip with her Boss Martin and hurried back upstairs, packing everything she needs and everything that can fit in her small luggage. She took a bath, did her hair and makeup and rushed to her car.

"Sir! Aalis na po ba tayo? Asked Leni who came in his office just in time as he was about to go down. "Oo, Let's go" he coldly replied as they made their way on the first floor and waited for their car along with his close driver who's going to accompany them through the whole ride.

After traveling for one hour, Martin woke her up from her sleep. "Gumising ka diyan, andito na tayo sa Rest house ni Sir. Duterte." He said as they both entered the house.

"Hello naman sainyo" a man greeted, sitting beside Leni who was not expecting him to look like that.
"Hello po sir. Leonor po, Leonor Gerona" Leni said humbly as she shake her hands with him.

"Naku Leonor, ang ganda ganda mo naman" He complimented her, still not shaking hands with Martin. "Ay. Thank you po." Leni spoke softly as she couldn't handle being complimented by guys.

"Leonor, maglibot libot ka muna diyan sa labas habang nagu-usap kami ni Martin... pasama kita sa staff at driver ko para malibang ka. Maganda dito sa Tarlac." He swore smiling at her who appeared to be not interested on talking with him.

"Sige po, Sir. Mahaba naman po ang araw kaya naman po siguro maglibot" She thanked him and left him with Martin.

"Ma'am hello po, Ako po si Sylvia ako po ang magiging parang tour guide niyo today" She introduced as she was half chuckling. "Wag na Ma'am, Leonor nalang tawag mo sakin..." she said feeling ashamed.

"Ma'am 30 mins lang po drive natin sa simbahan pero maganda po dun" Sylvia said looking out at the window while Leni was busy on reading her book.

"Ayan na Ma'am dito na po tayo" Sylvia said upon exiting the vehicle and assisting Leni.

"Ang ganda naman pala dito... Ano palang pangalan ng Simbahan na to? Grabe ang laki ng statwa ni Lord dun" Leni said looking at the gigantic statue beside them.

"Ma'am pangalan po nito ay Monasterio De tarlac. Dun po ang way if gusto niyo po mamili ng mga souvenir at dito naman po ang simbahan" she pointed out on the staircase.

"Pano mo sasabihing, 'Gusto ko ng tumira dito sa Kapampangan?" She asked as they were walking to go near the statue. "Bisa nakung tuknang keni, Ma'am"  Sylvia replied.

She answered Leni fearing her boss might kick her out if she didn't entertain his visitors well.

"Eh pano naman yung 'nagugutom na ako" she added hinting that she was feeling hungry. "Maranup naku, po Ma'am" she replied leading her to the small cafeteria beside the souvenir shop.

"Ma'am ano po gusto niyo?" Sylvia asked looking at Leni who was fond of the kids playing in front of her as she was also thinking whether to buy souvenirs for her friends. "Yung Kaldereta nalang nila" she inquired, worrying Sylvia might pick something she doesn't like.

"Te, metung pung order kaldereta ampo metung order tilapya 'tang atin kayabeng balasenas dar"
( Te, isa nga pong order ng kaldereta pati isang order ng Tilapya' yung may kasamang talong )
Sylvia ordered, telling the food seller what she wants as she paid for their meals reserving a seat for Leni and her.