Chapter 9

A/N: hii! Ang tagal na neto sa drafts ko, now ko lang napansin may natapos pala ako na hindi napublish. Huhu. I promise to be more active since I have so much free time na. :)

It was now Leonor's first day as an assistant. She didn't know what to feel about her promotion yesterday since all she wanted was to work so that she can be away from her parents.

Her phone then chimed a notification. She was hesitant on reading the message, but what made her hurry to their office was her parent's constant nagging.

Everyday she feels punished just by hearing them comparing her with her cousins. She doesn't really care because all she wanted now is to save some money and leave them for good.

She quickly ran to her vehicle without having anything to eat in the morning. She just wanted to leave that house which really felt like an asylum growing up.

"Teh. Dito ka daw" Risa led her to a freshly cleaned office. She even complimented her, telling her that she's done well and deserves everything she's having.

"Bakit daw?" Leonor asked her friend, wanting to know why she now has her own office. "Gusto ni sir mag isa ka lang sa office. Shala nga kasi ikaw palang ata ginawa niyang assistant na may sariling office" she chuckled. "Osya, ikaw na muna dito. May a-asikasuhin pa ako na paper work" she winked at her friend.

Looking at the room, she wondered on the sudden office she has.  Out of confusion, she sat on the chair to think but her attention drew on the box that was placed on the table. She then gets the box and saw that there's a letter for her. It read...

"For Leonor. Hope you love it"

The initials caught her eyes as it had the letter M written after the note. She opened the box and saw a gold necklace with her name 'Leonor' engraved on it. She held it and wondered who gave her such a precious and expensive gift. She then realized, she now probably has a secret admirer.

"Bakit po pinatawag niyo ko, sir?" Asked Leonor who was standing in front of her boss. "Kanina pa kita tinatawag. Bakit ang tagal mo?" Bongbong asked her back.

"Sir, may nakita po kasi akong maliit na ibox sa office ko. Gold po na necklace tapos nakasukat pa pangalan ko." She explained, trying to tell him that someone sent her a jewelry.

"Baka may secret admirer ka na" he said coldly. "Baka nga po" she just scratched the back of her head trying to recall if she spoke to someone at the bar. "May kailangan ka ba sir?" Asked Leonor. "Can you give these papers to your Ma'am Imee? Ayoko ng utusan yung iba." He ordered and she faked a smile.

She stepped out of his office and made her way to his  eldest sister. Once she got there, she gave the papers to Imee. Before she was about to go out, Imee stopped her.

"Are you and my brother dating?" Asked Imee who's brows are now raised.

"P-po? Hindi po." She calmly answered. "Are you sure?" Imee asked again. "Yes po. As far as I know po, wala pa po ako naging boyfriend o ex man lang." she'e now starting to get confused with her boss' questions.

"Ah sige, ganun ba? Sayang! Bagay pa naman kayo! Magagalit na sana ako kay bonggets if ever naging kayo at hindi niya sinabi kay Mommy. Gusto pa naman na nun magka apo" Imee explained which made Leonor chuckle. "Sige na, you may leave Leonor. Thank you" She thanked her and gave permission to leave her sight.

It was now 5:30 and Leonor was running a bit late to their family dinner. She was panicking since she's forgotten that she let her friend borrow her car. She was at the building's parking area when she spotted her boss walking towards her.

He opened the car and sat inside. He rolled down his windows and asked Leonor if he wanted a ride.

"I can drive you home if you want. Pansin ko wala yung car mo" He told her. "Ah hindi na po boss, okay na" she quickly refused as she saw Kit's car.

"Sabay ka na?" Kit butted into their conversation. "Sige ayan na" she replied and bid goodbye to her boss.

"Putangina, bastos to ah?" Ferdinand said in annoyance.