Chapter 6

Leonor woke up to a continuous tapping on her shoulder. Feeling confused, she turned her head around and faced her boss. "Leonor, I've been waking you up. Kanina pa kita tinatapik, ni hindi ka umiimik at nagigising." Ferdinand said scratching his hair as he was trying to wake her up for the past few hours coming back and fourth to her table just to awaken her.

"Yes... Sir? Do you need anything?" A disturbed Leonor asked in a stern voice showing she was interrupted in her beauty sleep. "Let's have lunch? My treat?" He offered. Still waiting for her answer, he kept pacing on her table as she just sat still there and not showing any plans on moving. "Sige. Basta dun sa malapit lang." she responded sounding as if she's giving him orders. He knew that he couldn't just leave with Leni and have lunch with her alone so he asked permission from her friends who were still at the cafeteria.

They walked their way there whilst being beside each other making the nosy office workers talk about them. Leni didn't give any single fuck since she's so used at people talking about her. "Loren, Risa, Nancy, Cynthia and Pia. Sama ko lang si Leonor sa labas. Not too far naman. I just want to take her out." He said in a good manner showing how much he respects Leonor and her friendship. "Wag mo lang pi saktan pag na pol, ser. Hehe" Nancy answered jokingly while Pia added "basta my friend, umuwi ka lang ng safe okay na kami. Mag iwan kadin food. Joke!"

After talking to her office friends, they went to the ground floor to get his car. "Mag 11:30 na sir. 1 ang time ng balik ko sa work.I hope you know that." Leonor spoke catching Ferdinand's attention who was opening the car doors for her. "I know Leonor, at kahit anong oras kita ibalik, they know naman na you're with me. You're safe don't worry." He winked at her and started driving. "I don't worry, sir. Sadyang I know my place and my time." She responded, applying her lip balm on her dry lips using her compact mirror to see since she didn't want to touch anything inside his car.

After driving for 30 minutes, they've reached their destination and she got astonished by looking at the restaurant. It was big and quite expensive looking. Ferdinand stepped out of his vehicle and opened the door for Leonor."This is La Celestina, our favorite go-to restaurant of my family and I." He introduced assisting her till they were already inside. "I must say... It's nice. Maganda ang ambience and pure touch of wood ang structure niya. I like it." She complimented while fixing her hair.

She didn't really care if it was a five star expensive  restaurant. They were already rich, and she just works so they can't say anything about her.

The food they've ordered had just been served at their table and Leonor was really hungry. Ferdinand started a mini conversation with her as she was happily eating.

"I've heard so many stories about you Leonor, a ton of men has a crush on you. Di ka ba interesado sa kanila? Not even one?" He questioned her bringing silence to the table. It took a few minutes before she answered. "No. Why would I be interested at them if gusto ko lang mag work?" She replied hastily, taking another bite at her meal.

"Well, you have a point. Ako nga ang daming nagka-kagusto sakin pero ni isa wala akong matipuhan." Ferdinand shared taking a sip on his wine. "Ah, edi okay. That's good Mr. CEO?" She emphasized not giving a single care about what he said. "Siguro you're dating someone secretly no?" He asked again, wondering if she was indeed lying at the allegations that she's not dating someone yet. "What if sinabi kong yes? Tatahimik ka ba?" She grumpily responded as she doesn't like being asked so many questions when she's eating.

He got quiet at her answer and proceeded to stop asking. Sensing that she's already pissed, he told her a joke. "Leonor, you're so serious no. You know what, i have a joke" He said making her look at him. "What?" Leonor asked, already furious at her boss."

"Joke, Joke, Joke" He blurted out. What surprised him is that even if he knew that it was a corny joke, she started giggling. Her gloomy face now getting brighter as she's laughing. He found it cute since that was the first time he has heard her laugh.

"How about this."

"Bakit hindi umiinom ng softdrinks ang mga priests?"

"Why?" She asked waiting for his next joke.

"Kasi maka juice sila"

And she started laughing again, this time her hand was lightly slapping his hand which was rested on the table. He thought to himself that maybe this is the first time she's had to laugh like this since she was always looking so grumpy and alone at her table back in the office.  "Funny ko diba?" He chortled. "Siguro? Yes? Pwede na?" She replied, now finished with her food.

"I guess since dinala pa kita sa mga favorite kong open garden dito sa pinas, maybe I can drive you on your way home?" He said as she nodded and accepted his offer as she forgot she owns a vehicle and was left at the building.

He was driving as he finds himself in the realization of driving near their subdivision. He kept driving but was asking her for directions since he was pretending that he doesn't know her house yet.

When they were at her house, he opened the car door again for Leonor hinting his intentions. "Good Night, Leonor. Ingat ka bukas. I hope you had a good  day out with me." He hoped, waving her goodbye as she walked inside their gate slamming it gently in front of him. He left Leonor's house without any response from her which made him a bit sad.

Due to his high expectations from taking her out, he thought that he'll end up seeing the sweet side of her. But no, what he got is a nonchalant showing Leonor.