Chapter 3

a/n: i hope di kayo malito, bastat di pa nakikita ni Leonor ang face ni Ferdy cause wala naman siyang interest makita boss niya.

Leonor woke up so early, doing everything she needs to do and that is washing the dishes and helping her mother water their garden. She took a bath and dressed up as she had a feeling she was late from work.

She grabbed her car keys and entered her vehicle, driving to their company. She reached her destination after a few minutes, feeling joyous since it wasn't traffic that day. She exited her car and made her way inside the building.

"Ay ma'am close po ang buong building ngayon " the body guard spoke politely, looking at Leni who was wondering why it was closed. "Ano po bang meron kuya guard?" She asked feeling something isn't right as it wasn't mentioned to her that there is no need to attend work today.

Not even one of her friends told her that the building will be closed today. She didn't have any idea. Following that, she realized she hurriedly made her way there but only wasted her time.

"Birthday po ni Boss Imee, Ma'am Leonor" the guard responded. "Ah... ganun pala" she replied, nodding at him.

She didn't know that they close the building every time Imee's birthday is coming in since this is her first year working on their company.

"Sige kuya! Salamat!" She said towards the body guard who was just looking at her. She smiled back and left, feeling she just wasted her time going to work only to learn it was considered a holiday on her Boss' birthday.

"So since wala naman gagawin sa work, uuwi nalang ako at matutulog." She thought, still looking at the road as she was driving.

While driving so focused, her phone rang. She took it out from her purse and answered it.

"Hi, Ris!" She greeted her friend upon answering. "Hello Lens! Bar tayo maya!" Risa exclaimed as she had plans ahead of them for the night. "Sure! Saan ba yan? Malapit ba sa building?" She inquired, while still driving. "Nagd-drive ka ba?" Risa asked upon hearing the other cars beep and pass by Leni. "Mamaya na lang Lens! Sunduin ka nalang namin!"

She uttered asking where she's up to "Saan ka ba papunta now?" She added, still not ending the call. "Papunta me Ikea. Akala ko kasi may work ngayon kaya pumasok ako. Siguro dun niyo nalang ako sunduin." Leni replied smiling as she ended the call.

She's always like that, answering the call whenever her friends call her. Even when she's driving, she can manage to finish everything that needs to be done when needed.

That's why she's considered the advice mom of the group. Always comforting them whenever they needed her or she'd stay in their home just so that they don't feel alone. She loves that role, that's why her friends love her.

But the thing is, she isn't like this to her parents, considering the fact that she's an only child. She doesn't like bonding with her parents because they never really cared about her, they didn't even care to attend her graduations or her debate competitions.

It was only her all alone while growing up. However she's got used to that role now and she felt like a part of her life is still missing. But nonetheless, she's still careless when it comes to her parents.

Her parents didn't bother talking to her whenever she doesn't feel like it. Because they know, even if they begged her to do something, she'll only do it for an exchange.

"Ang ganda pala dito sa Ikea!" She squealed as she entered the huge store. She lined up for their famous Swedish meatballs, she didn't care how long it was, she really just wanted to try the food.

After waiting in line for what seemed to be forever, she had it. She had the famous meatballs in her tray. She went to find a table and lucky her, she spotted one that's too perfect for her since it only had two chairs.

"Ay. Akala ko naman masarap" she said as she took her first bite, expecting it to be tastier than the regular meatballs she had which was made by her Mom. When she finished her meal, she cleaned the table and went to get ice cream for dessert. She inserted her coin on the machine and the ice cream was put in the cone.

"Libutin ko na muna tong buong MOA" she sighed remembering she doesn't have anything to do back home so she explored the whole mall.

It took her hours going in the stores one by one, she stopped when she saw her friends walking near her.

"Lens!" Risa called out, causing Leni to run at them.
"Bar na tayo guys! Hanap na tayo ng malalafang!" Cynthia commented, guffawing about the fact she mentioned looking for sugar daddies.

"Hay nako, out ako diyan!" Leni immediately backed out, reasoning she doesn't like older guys which added laughter in the conversation.

The moment they exited the mall, they went to go to the parking area where Loren's car was parked leaving Nancy to drive Leni's car alongside Cynthia who appeared to be eager to go clubbing.

It was 6:30 p.m when they arrived at the bar as they hoped there wasn't  much people inside.  They entered the bar asking for the premium table under the name of Loren Legarda. The guy inside showed them their place and let the waiter assist them.

Leni couldn't help it but chortle at her friend who is now looking at the bar tender. "Naku ikaw ha Cynthia! Sino na naman pakay mo diyan! Yung bar tender no?" Grace mumbled, emphasizing the "Bar tender"

It was Imee's birthday but Ferdinand didn't really care as he sensed that every year, his elder sister's birthday are really getting boring for him.

Martin can't help but ask him what he was feeling, noticing his cousin's strange looks and change of behavior during the party.

"Couz, pano ka?" Martin asked handing him a glass of beer. "Ha? Wala naman. Naiinip lang ako." He admitted not taking the beer from his hands.

"Abay kung naiinip ka naman pala edi sana sinabi mo sakin!" He said haughty, giving his friends and workmates a call.

"Oh ayan couz ha! They agreed" Martin expressed at Ferdinand who is now feeling perplexed as to what is about to happen regarding that his cousin can be a maniac at times.

"Chanan!! Eto na couz!" Martin surprised Bongbong who's not starting to chuckle. "Aba bar lang pala pupuntahan natin eh! Parang wala naman nagi-inom sa bahay" He retorted, clearing his mind about the party.

While drinking with his friends, his eyes stopped as he gazed at the woman he's seen before, singing.

"Miss cross bridge, ikaw na ba yan?" He asked, reckoning  if he's seen her before. "Lord, is this a sign?" He thought, not looking anywhere but at her only.

They kept drinking, singing, and some of them even started dancing. But bongbong took a break from drinking, eyes still locked at the woman.

He smiled, looking at her. There, stood a goddess in front of him. How can that day get any luckier for him? He grinned feeling as if they were the only ones inside the bar, not noticing his employees just beside her.

It was the most bizarre thing that ever happened in his whole life, he didn't really care to check out on the other girls. He didn't remove his sight at the woman.

It was getting dark but he didn't engage talking to the woman since he was shy. His other friends bid their goodbyes as their drivers fetched them from the bar, one by one. It was only Martin and Bongbong who was left inside the bar,

"Couz, di ka pa ba uuwi? Kanina ka pa nakatunganga diyan" he sigh out a chortle.

"Mauna ka na Mart, Something came up and May need akong gawin" Bongbong remarked as Martin understood the situation and left him.

He waited for the other ladies to go home leaving Risa and Leni on their table.

"Hatid na kita Leonor, balikan nalang natin kotse mo bukas dito" Risa commanded as she insisted driving her back home, knowing that her friend can't drive due to being intoxicated since she wasn't really a drunkard unlike her other friends.

Bongbong then just realized it was Risa his employee who his dream girl is with when they were about to enter her vehicle. He decided to follow them secretly on their way home making sure they get there safely. "Oh, dito ka pala nakatira  Miss cross bridge crush" he mumbled after seeing her house.