Chapter 8

Bongbong was slouching in his office chair while looking outside at Leonor's table. He doesn't really like waiting for women, but for her he would as he's fallen for her.

It was a busy day but he didn't mind since all he wanted to do was to see the woman of his dreams. He stood up, placed his chair back on the table and went outside to check on her.

As Bongbong was about to give up, he spotted her entering the building which made him smile. He was about to walk to go talk to her but a sight of a man stopped him.

"Girls!" Leonor waved her hands in the air, greeting her friends but another hand then covered her eyes. She was annoyed by the scene as she just wanted to go to her friends.

"Hulaan mo sino to" a voice of a man made her guess. Leonor was so confused at the moment she heard the voice. It sounded so familiar but she couldn't figure out who it was.

"Madali lang to. You know me" the man spoke again, chuckling at what he said. She sighed with relief since the man's chuckle was now recognized by her.

She held the man's hands and removed it from her face, the same time she guessed who the man was.

"Kit!"

Leonor yelled making all the people in the building look at her. She was so happy upon seeing Kit in their building since it's been years since they haven't seen each other.

"Sabi ko sayo, madali lang eh" Kit greeted her while beaming with joy. They hugged and she introduced him to her office friends.

"Maiba nga tayo, what are you doing here?" Leonor asked Kit. "I applied here Len! Suprise!" He told her her.

"Shit! Totoo? I'm so happy!" Leonor hugged the man again. She was so happy having him as an office buddy.

Bongbong was just standing there. He got hurt by witnessing what just happened, still not believing that the woman of his dreams had just lied to him.

He felt broken. They weren't even dating but what happened made his heart shatter to pieces. He was still processing what he saw and decided to go back to his office because he didn't want his employees to see him like that. He's a Marcos, he's supposed to act tough.

"What the fuck did I just witness?" Bongbong asked himself whilst still not okay with the situation. The phone beside him then started ringing. He picked up the call and realized it was his elder sister.

"Bongets, kuhaan mo nga ako sandwhich sa cafeteria. Dalhin mo dito sa office ko." Imee spoke on the phone.

"Ate naman! Don't you have an assistant? Why me? I'm the CEO. Lol. You can't tell me what to do" he replied in his stern voice.

"Please na. Gutom na din si Irene dito eh. She's visiting" Imee begged, making her brother go outside.

Bongbong slammed his phone, stood up from his seat and pushed his chair so hard that it hit the drawers making the papers fly and fall to the floor.

He was so angry, he didn't know what to do or how to act like a boss anymore. Remembering what happened earlier made him even mad. He stormed out of his office and walked to the cafeteria.

All eyes was laid at him as all the workers in the cafeteria started noticing this new demeanor that their boss was showing. They couldn't figure out what was happening with their boss as he would get a bit angry but not raging mad.

When he noticed there was a long line, he coughed which made the employees let him go first. He got three sandwiches and some drinks for her sisters and was about to go back when he spotted her again.

She was with him while they were eating snacks. They were laughing, talking and enjoying each other's presence. He couldn't hide his emotions anymore and called Imee's assistant who was about to get food as she's now first in the line.

"Dalhin mo to sa Ma'am mo. Sabihan mo hindi ko siya boss" he said grumpily, leaving the cafeteria as he slammed the door hard.

"Hello Ris? Pwede ba pasabi kay Leonor pumunta siya dito?" Bongbong ordered Risa to tell Leonor that she needs to go to her boss' office.

"Len, tawag ka ni Boss" Risa informed her friend who was enjoying her snack. "Ano daw? Kumakain yung tao eh" she said. "Akyat ka daw" Risa replied again.

She inhaled her breath and slammed her bag on the table they were sitting in. She was pissed by his actions starting when he took her out for lunch.

"Bakit ang tagal mo? Kanina pa kita pinapatawag diba?" He questioned the woman with his stern voice. "Si Kit kasi, may pinakuha pa sa table ni Ris" She replied, not trying to mock him. "Aba. Nakakalimutan mo na ata gumamit ng 'Po' sa boss mo?" He raised his eyebrow as he started noticing her worry. He just called her to intimidate the woman.

"Sorry po, Sir Bongbong." She apologized.

"I've recently promoted you right?"

"Yes po Sir, b-baki-t po?"

"I want you to be my assistant starting today."

She thought about what he said, she was still processing—knowing that she just saw his assistant leave their company building just minutes ago before entering her boss' office. 

"H-hindi po ba sabi niyo, ayaw niyo hong palitan si Faye as Assistant?" She asked, wanting to know the real reason why he wanted to promote her again, considering he just promoted her as a secretary days ago.

"Yes. But starting today, you're going to be my assistant. And no one else will have you" he smirked with the idea of owning her by being close to her since she has now became his assistant.

"You may now leave."

"Thank you. Sir." She faked a smile and left.

After she left, he grabbed his phone from his pocket and messaged his friends to tell them about what happened.

"I made her my assistant."

"Yan ang manok namin. Hindi nagpapatalo!" Migz

"Happy for you Couz!" Martin

"Shot na Pare" Win