Chapter One: New Patient

Lotus sat down at the Starbucks table across from her sister,Mercedes and brother ,Aston. Lotus drunk from her green tea she had ordered whilst her sister drinking her smore cappuccino and brother who had Chicken BLT sandwich. They never really had much time to spend with each other. They were always busy. And if you look at it a certain way,they weren't really spending time together. Just sitting down to discuss plans for their parents anniversary party. Lotus was so busy because she was a nurse who was constantly at her patients side. She was one of those nurses who went to her patients residences to take care and assist them. She enjoyed it too. Most commonly, her patients were old people. Lotus took a liking to old people. She weirdly thought they were cute. Always shaking when doing everyday things, very kind, always had a story to tell or advice to offer. Mercedes was a stay-at-home mom to her two daughters that were with their father today ,Lexus and Victoria ,whom are named after cars. She decided to keep the name thing going. Aston is always traveling. He's a manager for one of the most popular names in music today, the beautiful Nicki Minaj.

"So where's Porsha?" Lotus asked her sister and brother breaking the comfortable silence. "I thought she was supposed to be here. Bentley too. "Mercedes averted her attention to her sister. Porsha was the girls other sister. Bentley was their brother. Bentley ,33,was the oldest then you. had Mercedes 31,Porsha 29, Aston 27,and Lotus who was 25. If you've caught on so far,you'd realize they're all named after cars. Their father took a liking to cars. He's a mechanic who owns his own shop. The man basically lives for cars. Seeing how he had a love for them,he named his beloved children after cars. Their mother ,however, did not really like the names. She agreed to 'Lotus' because it was also the name of a flower. Her mother liked flowers and thought Lotus was a beautiful name.

"You know how Porsha is. "Mercedes started rolling her eyes "and Bent running a little late. He should be here soon. "

"Oh. I hope he don't bring his girlfriend. I can't stand her ghetto ass. "Aston said. Bentley's girlfriend Keisha was ghetto. No one really like for her to be around. Especially during family get togethers .She always made a scene. Her annoying voice, tight, short, hoe looking clothes, and her stiff weave. Gosh she was ghetto-and annoying. And no one likes her.

"I'm saying. I might have to handle her. If she say something to me I'm not holding back. Starbuck's might just have to kick us out. "Mercedes ranted

"Don't make a scene, Mercedes. Not in front of all these people. And if you go to jail--" Mercedes cut Lotus off.

"I know ,I know. I have a working husband and two kids to take care of. Lotus you don't have to remind me. "

"Apparently she does. "Aston snickered. Mercedes shot him a glare and continued drink her cappuccino.

"Yo. "Bentley greeted as he took a seat at the table. They all greeted their oldest sibling and continued with the conversation. Lotus and her siblings let out a sigh of relief that Keisha wasn't there.

"So how far have we gotten with the planning? "Bentley asked after ordering a simple latte.

"Well we've decided where we're gonna throw it. Aston thought that we should throw it at their house. So they can really have a good time with all the family around. "Lotus spoke.

"That's all? The party is like a week away. We still have stuff to do. "

"Well maybe if you were here earlier we could've gotten further than that. "Mercedes snapped.

"Cedes chill. "Aston said.

"No. He's always with Keisha letting her spend up all his money. She's ghetto and a gold digger. However, Bentley fails to realize that. "

"Don't disrespect my girl,Mercedes. Just because your man cheating on you don't mean you can take it out on my relationship because I'm happy. "Bentley shot back. Lotus watched as her siblings bickered on. She sat for a few minutes. Aston tried breaking it up so there was no use for Lotus to try. People were starting to look and Lotus doesn't like when people look at her. It makes her feel awkward. She quickly dismissed herself from the table going home.

Lotus sat on her couch watching Say Yes to the Dress. She only dreamed of having a dress as beautiful as that. The day someone proposed to her would be her life three step away from being complete. Sadly, Lotus doesn't even have a boyfriend. Oh how Tragic. Her phone rang ,kicking her thoughts out. She quickly answers seeing it was her boss.

"Lotus" Mrs. Fee, her boss said through the phone cheerfully. "I have made a change to your patient. Instead of Ms. Doe, you will have a new patient. " New patient? Lotus thought. Sounds pretty interesting. Her mind only wondered.

"Okay. Can you gives any type of info on them?"

"Mentally Challenged. They just need someone there with them whenever someone is not present. Capable of doing things on his own. He just needs help with a few things. "

"What time do I need to be there? And what is this address?"Lotus questioned quickly.

"9:30 a.m sharp. And the address is 55555, Muffin Man Drive."

"Okay. "

"Bye. "She hung up. New patient. Should be fun.

>>>
That address tho. 😂😂
Vote
Comment.