Chapter Six: Furthest Thing

"Lolo!" Mercedes yelled engulfing Lotus in a hug. She smiled and hugged her back and pulled away to give Aston a hug. She waved at Bentley and took a seat on the sectional sofa in Mercedes's beautiful, quaint home.

"Oh my gosh!" Lotus gasped looking at Porsche. "Porsche here!? That's unbelievable!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah yeah, very funny Lotus." Porsche chuckled.

"I know. Where are my nieces and nephew?" Lotus asked rather loudly. She acted like that around family and people she knew well.

"They're somewhere around this house. You'd have to find them." Porsche said. Lotus nodded understanding that those kids never stayed in one place. They were always so energetic and constantly moving.

"Aye y'all Aston say he got a girl." Bentley yelled out making everyone suddenly interested. Aston couldn't keep relationships. They aren't his thing as he puts it.

"She's not my girl Bent. How about you worry about Keisha." Aston said pretending to vomit when he heard Keisha's name.

"That's not what you just said. You said she was " Too bomb to left go" your words not mine."

"Oh hush." Porsche chuckled at their brothers bickering.

"Yeah." There was a knock at the door "I'll get it. That's probably your hood rat." Mercedes joked about Keisha.

"Y'all gone quit judging her like that." Bentley said trying to be serious but laughed anyway. Lotus knew she was going to have to remove her self from the room. She didn't like Keisha so she didn't stay around her. She wasn't like Mercedes and Aston and Porsche. They would often tell her off and put her on hush mode. Lotus didn't do that though. She's not that type of person. Never has gotten into any fight or physical altercation or any arguments really. It wasn't her thing to disturb peace like that.

"We can't help she so ghetto she couldn't even stay up in the projects." Porsche 's husband, Keith joked.

"Or section 8." Aston chuckled. Moments later Keisha walked in with Mercedes.

"Hey y'all ." Keisha said in that ghetto ass voice. A lot 'Hello's' were murmured back. No one was excited to see her. Lotus didn't say anything though. She just excused herself and went to find the kids.

"Auntie Look!" Payton, Porsche's son yelled hugging the life out of Lotus. Lexus and Victoria followed. Lotus started to play with the kids seeing how she had nothing of greater interest to do. That made her feel younger as if she wasn't 25 anymore. She even watched cartoons too. She didn't like the fact that Dora was now a teenage girl instead of a little kid. Guess that Goes to show everyone grows up.

"Lotus, I need to talk to." Keisha said standing at thr door way. Lotus sighed mentally and told the kids she would be back momentarily. She stepped out into the hallway politely.

"Yes Keisha?"

"Do you have a problem with me or something?"

"No."

"It sure seems like it. Look here bitch, I'm engaged to your brother so I'm here no matter what. If you have a problem with it go fix it." Keisha spat rudely and walked off leaving Lotus stunned. She shrugged it off and continued to watch cartoons with her nieces and nephew.

That woman has serious problems if she's just now realizing I and everyone else take a serious disliking to her. Lotus thought.

•••
I know you guys wanted longer chapters with this book,but I'm sorry to say I cannot make them longer. I make them short so I can update as quick as possible. And that is how this book will be about 25 chapters instead of 15 or less. But don't worry, I will try my hardest to update again tonight.

~Shonni D.
Vote
Comment