20

Chapter Twenty: The Morning After

As the sun's gentle rays filtered through the curtains, Danae stirred from her slumber, her head throbbing in protest. She blinked, disoriented, and took a moment to collect her surroundings. It didn't take long for her to realize that she was lying in Luca's bed.

The memories of the previous night came rushing back, flooding her mind with a mix of embarrassment and confusion. She groaned inwardly, recalling her drunken call to Luca and her uninhibited confession of love.

Just as she was beginning to compose herself, Luca entered the room, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. He leaned against the doorway, a teasing smile playing on his lips.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty," he chuckled, his voice laced with amusement. "I see someone had a little too much fun last night."

Danae winced, her face flushed with a mix of embarrassment and lingering headache. "I... I didn't mean to get so drunk. I'm sorry if I made a fool of myself."

Luca's teasing expression softened into one of genuine fondness as he approached her. He sat on the edge of the bed, gently brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Don't be sorry, Danae," he reassured her, his voice warm and gentle. "Last night, you were vulnerable and brave. Your confession meant the world to me."

Danae looked up at him, her eyes filled with a mix of relief and uncertainty. "You're not upset with me? I didn't mean to blur the lines between our arrangement and our true feelings."

Luca's hand cupped her cheek, his touch reassuring. "Danae, our connection goes beyond any arrangement. What we have is real. I'm falling in love with you too, and I want nothing more than for us to navigate this journey together."

A mixture of relief and joy washed over Danae as Luca's words sank in. Her embarrassment began to dissipate, replaced by a newfound sense of hope and anticipation for their future.
.