Chapter 4

Author's Note: I do not own any Fandoms' Content or any of its Characters that are seen or used throughout this entire story that you might recognize for they all belong to their respective owners. Any Original Plot, Original Ideas, or OC's belong to me.

"You're Valentine's daughter?!" Jace, Alec, and Izzy exclaimed in shock, which gained the gobsmack attention of nearby Shadowhunters.

Mia wasn't even gonna bother looking at the other Shadowhunters as likely she can guess how they were looking at her with distrust and hate. Hence why she rather focus on the different reactions from the three she has gotten acquainted with. Jace was one with narrow eyes of suspicion. Alec was the same only one with a dark glare and Izzy is quiet, keeping her mouth shut. Likely given how Mia pointed out about the girl's parents' ties with her father and had no right to judge.

"There's no way by the angel's name," Alec said. He glanced at his siblings. "You brought the daughters of Valentine to our institute?!"

Mia wasn't gonna have it with this nonsense. "Get off your high horse." She looks at at the nearby Shadowhunters. "Don't give me that look, I know for a fact that my parent isn't the only one with bad blood here so go about your business." She sent them a dark look that made them feel intimidated, more so since they knew of who her father is and how his reputation proceeds him. Mia sneers at Alec. "First off, your mom and dad got exiled from Idris cause of the failed Uprising. The only reason they aren't deruned and banished cause of you two and close family friends with great influence pulled some strings for them to run this institute as their punishment. So don't go breathing down my neck cause I'm the daughter of the devil and I should be blamed for his sins as I was about your age, so I had nothing to do with this genocidal ways." Standing her ground against Alec.

"You-"

"That's enough, Alec." Izzy raised her arm up with a solemn face. "She's right. We have no right to judge her parental side of the family when mom and dad weren't better when they told us the truth about their past. And do I need to remind you that this is your childhood friend?"

Alec shuts up, only to then mumble. "I hardly remember her."

"A work in progress."

Jace's jaws clench. He looks at the platinum blonde. His face hardens. "Your dad killed my dad, Michael."

Mia folded her arms, jaws tensing. She sighed with her eyes closed. "If you want an apology, sorry if my dad murdered your dad. Though if it helps, Luke knew like him, Michael doubted the Circle's intention." She opens her eyes with rare sincerity for strangers. "Michael, my dad Luke, and mom believed in bringing change to the Clave. Michael blindly followed Valentine out of loyalty till he left. I'm sorry Valentine killed him when the Uprising happened." She shifted her jaws. I heard when he was attending the Shadowhunter Academy, he taught himself how to forge weapons, something many found odd since he was no Iron Sister. His work was not beautiful but they were well-balanced. I heard his forge remains still to this day behind the once former Wayland Manor. Sorry about your mom as well."

Jace stared into her eyes, analyzing her and listening to the sound of her tone. He nodded. He weakly smiled. People sure teased about his weapons coming out bad, but they did do the job right." He sighed, rubbing the back of his head. "Not gonna lie, my life with my father was loving and harsh. Tried me to be a warrior with strict discipline and umm...well some level of kindness. Point is he wasn't perfect when it came to training, but he taught me how to play the piano and other languages." He chuckled softly on those few father-son moments that he cherished.

"On my birthdays he would let me do or have whatever I wanted. Horses, weapons, books. Even bath in spaghetti on my fifth birthday."

Izzy snorts, giggling. "Someone sure loves their spaghetti."