Chapter 3

Author's Note: I do not own any Fandoms' Content or any of its Characters that are seen or used throughout this entire story that you might recognize for they all belong to their respective owners. Any Original Plot, Original Ideas, or OC's belong to me.

"Clary." Jace calling out to the red hair twin. "What's going on?"

Clary looked as if she is going to have a panic attack.

Izzy looks at her with sympathy when she turns to Mia and gasped.

Mia stood there with her face glowering down to see her facial expression. When she lifted it up, Mia's face is twisted into dark rage. Her eyes carrying a ferocity. The kind that screams someone is going to die horribly.

Clary tries redialing her mom's phone number. Her hands shake uncontrollably that her phone slipped out rom her grasp, hitting the pavement hard. She reached down to retrieve it only it find it dead with a long crack visible on the screen front. "Damn it!" Almost in tears.

Mia reached out for her phone, dialing her mom's number. It was a miracle she had restraint over her strength as she squeezed her phone so hard she would crush it. She tries to get a call from her mom. She was almost relieved to hear the phone answer. "Mom! Please tell me y-"

"Hello my daughter. It is so nice to hear your voice after 19 years." Spoke a calm and collected voice, laced with a delight and cruelty in it.

Mia swallowed hard. Her throat feels as if she stuffed it with cotton balls. That was a voice she deep down in a small confined room hoped to never hear again in close to two decades. "You."

"I apologize for not announcing my arrival to pay for a family reunion, though at the moment your mother is unavailable at the moment."

Mia hissed, gritting her teeth. She squeezed her phone harder. "If you lay a single-"

"Now, now. I would never harm your mother."

"Can the same be said about me, you bastard."

Valentine scoffed. "I see you have ill manners girl. Perhaps when we reunite I would be happy to reeducate you on that attitude you've developed." Mia tenses. "By the time you get home, we'll have already been gone. If I were you I'd stop wasting time girl. Goodbye."

The call ends.

Mia's hand that held her phone dropped. Her grip almost loosened on her phone. She carried a face that seemed rare to see. Defeat.

Clary who had tears running down her cheek whimpered, "Mia, please tell me mom is-"

"We're leaving!" Mia snatched her twin sister's wrist, ready to run off."

"Whoa, can someone please explain to me what's going on here?" Izzy asked, having both hands up to signal a time-out.

"We're leaving." Mia repeats, not going to go into details.

"Tell us what happened first." Jace tries to halt them by reaching for Clary. Clary tried yanking her wrist back, but Jace's grip was incredible strong. "We can help you."

Mia shot him a nasty angry look. "Fuck off Shadowhunter! This is family business. Nothing to do with you!" She is flooded with rage. A hot tide through her veins. She struck Jace in the face, making him jerk back and fall on his back. His grip loosened on Clary, allowing the pair to run off towards Seventh Avenue.

"Jace!" Izzy went down on her knees, checking her brother to see if he was alright.

Jace groans, rubbing the side of his cheek he had been struck at. Jace glares in the direction where the twins ran off. "I really don't like that one."