Chapter 6

Author's Note: I do not own any Fandoms' Content or any of its Characters that are seen or used throughout this entire story that you might recognize for they all belong to their respective owners. Any Original Plot, Original Ideas, or OC's belong to me.

"Clary and I are going to check out our apartment." Mia said, she nearly dragging her sister out of the institute with a few curious eyes on the twins.

"Wait a second!" Izzy calls out, chasing after them with her two brothers not too far behind. "Hodge said you were to be escorted."

"That was before when my sister was in need of medical treatment." Mia said dryly." She patted her sister on the back. "Now she's better. Goodbye."

"Bitch," Jace utters under his breath. He flinch when he received a hard nudge to his rib by Izzy, who glares at him. "What? She's acting like one. Threw her an olive branch and they run off. Kind of selfish and suspicious don't ya think?"

Izzy huffed irritably and continues to pursue the sisters.

Clary forcibly halts, pulling her arm out from her sister's iron grip and glares at her. "Can you slow down! You're squeezing rather tight."

Mia flinches, giving an apologetic face. "Sorry, but I really don't wanna be around other Shadowhunters. You know what's at home, laying there all vulnerable for anyone to mistake as...you know what?" Mia looks to her side, wondering if there is anyone listening on on their conversation or video recording them."

Clary deadpanned at how paranoid her sister is being right now. "I know what's at stake. We can't contact Luke since he's busy doing this thing; but Mia for crying out loud would it kill you to make friends."

Mia had the urge to facepalm. She grits her teeth, this close to chipping a tooth. "This is not a social club, sis! We are on a life and death situation! Mom is MIA, you were nearly KIA, and I feel rather comfortable if we didn't have people breathing down our necks and get politics involved if you know what is brought up."

"You know what is brought up you guys are talking about?" Piped in Izzy.

Both sisters are startled. Izzy stood there innocently with both arms behind her back. "Going somewhere?"

Mia kept a poker face. "Home. We have important belongings. Wanna make sure nothing was damaged."

"Then you don't mind if I tag along don't you?" Izzy insisted.

Mia and Clary exchange glances. The former shakes her head. "Sorry, but this is a family urgent matter. I'm sure we'll do just fine on our own."

We're literally giving you an olive branch." Izzy reminds. She sighed in exasperation. "You don't have to be a hardass you know? Why can't you trust us that we mean well. Was all those three days of bonding for nothing." She pouts. "That we had something going, mi amor."

Mia rolls her eyes. Seriously, she wasn't gonna lie, Izzy really sounds exquisite when she speaks in Spanish. She responds likewise. "Escucha, carino. Mi hermana y yo no tenemos tiempo para juegos." Giving a pointed look at Clary. She turns back to Izzy. "Just please don't get in the way. Also don't they call a third person a third wheel?"

"Not unless it's a double date." Arriving by Izzy's side is Jace, who is all geared up and ready to go. He carried his usual cocky smirk. "So we going or not."

Mia's brow twitches. She looks this close to having an aneurysm. "This is not a slumber party."

"Have you ever been to a slumber party?" Jace raises his brow. Mia opens her mouth only for Jace to cut in and say. "Eh! Rhetorical question."