𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 • 𝟑

Knock knock knock

Knock knock knock.

"Come in," said Miguel in his usual monotone, as he continued to scroll through endless pages of emails and meeting notifications.

"Good morning Mr. O'Hara," Aisha, the receptionist said with a cheerful note. "So it's Friday sir, but I still haven't received your email response about which intern."

Looking away from his computer monitor, he looked both irritated and confused.

Seeing his confusion, she elaborated. "The quarterly executive dinner is tomorrow, and the vice-director of outreach would like you to choose one of our department's interns to invite to the event."

Letting out a long sigh, he shook his head turning back to his computer. "For fucks sake. He's practically the outreach director's fucking lapdog, and with all this other shit I have to get done..."

Pressing her lips together, she scrolled through her iPad thinking of a solution, until finally she interrupted his muttering.

"Suggestion. We introduce the board to one of our newer non-affiliate interns. It could help encourage future state school partnership programs. And you know that always makes corporate look good."

He stopped and thought to himself about the idea. "Okay. We'll go with that. Call (Y/n) (Y/n's last name) to inform her, and email her the details."

"Perfect, I'll get right to it."

Y/n who had been interning for the last 2 weeks, just received the invitation to the exec dinner

Eagerly speed-walking to the private bathroom, y/n called Dee impatiently.

"DEE!!" Y/n exclaimed as she paced back and forth after finally getting a response after 3 panicked calls.

"Hey girlll. What's up," Dee said, sounding drugged and disoriented.

"Sorry for waking you up, but guess who just got invited to an exec dinner tomorrow night with," she whispered, "her HOT boss?!"

That woke Dee up for sure. "Hol up... Bitch what??!!"