𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 • 𝟔

It was 2am early Sunday morning

After driving y/n home, Miguel just sat in his car for few minutes, still in a frenzy, heart racing, even though he tried to hide it from her earlier.

Ringing loudly through his car bluetooth, jarring him from his thoughts, was a call from an unmarked number.

Sighing, Miguel had been expecting this call nonetheless.

And so to his dismay, he now found himself again in his Alchemax office, in the last minutes of what would have been an over hour long meeting.

"This situation is becoming out of hand Miguel," said the older gentleman sitting across from him.

"I know sir." Hearing a sigh from the arm chair across from him, Miguel took another large sip of his whiskey.

"You understand I have done every single thing in my power to keep this story from the media but–

"I know... they always catch on."

"Most of the cases so far have been low profile, but based on our analysis of his victimology–

"Yes I know. Increased rashness in behavior, unpredictable-like movement, and excessive use of violent force to his kills. I helped in building the profile."

"You helped Miguel, that's the point," the man responded in a swift, short tone.

Silence held between them for a little while.

"Sir. If I may," Miguel said.

"Go ahead."

"This man – if you can even call him one – was biologically designed to do exactly this."

"The exception?"

Miguel paused, trying to go over every order and command sent his way the last few months.

"It was an experiment Sir."

"That turned into the city's most notorious serial killer in 50 years?" His voice boomed across Miguel's spacious, dimly-lit office.

The older man that sat before Miguel was the regional FBI executive-chief, overseeing a nearly 14 month long investigation of a suspected serial killer in the city.

All the investigative paper trails somehow led back to this company:

Alchemax.

Before responding, Miguel took a deep breath in an attempt to contain his rising anger.

"An experiment, I'll remind you Sir, that was very 'generously' funded by a multi-departmental national military order."

"So tell me Miguel, since we're pointing fingers now, where did the error occur in this 'experiment'?" Though the room was dark, Miguel could not directly meet his eyes.