𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 • 𝟓

-Mature content warning-

In an attempt to ease her anxiety, y/n took her phone out to try to read Ahmed's iMessage notification

"Put your phone away," he said looking straight forward.

Without thinking, y/n slid her phone into her clutch.

As she looked down, he spoke again. "You're here for an internship. You're not in college anymore. I need you to understand the difference between a classmate and a colleague."

She became nervous, thinking he may have been referring to Ahmed.

"Professionalism in workplace relationships is standard at Alchemax, and I should remind you that it is a component of your conditional internship contract."

"Yes, I recall," she said carefully.

"I invited you here (y/n), because I believe you have exceptional potential, and demonstrate the highest level of maturity among your peers of interns in our department." Looking down at her, his eye did not match his words.

Y/n could not bring herself to meet his gaze, as the tension in the elevator seemed to suffocate her, feeling as though she was unable to speak.

The ding of the elevator announced their arrival to the main floor. Gesturing y/n to exit first, Mr. O'Hara still followed closely.

As she approached the main entrance, y/n no longer felt his presence and had assumed he left. Hearing the continued sound of heavy rain pour, y/n looked outside at the calming setting before her.

While she was on her phone looking at the Uber app, Mr. O'Hara suddenly re-appeared, standing very close behind her.

"I'll drive you home."

Y/n's eyes remained glued to her phone, trying to appear occupied. "Thank you, but I'm taking an Uber home."

He said nothing for a moment. Then taking a few steps to face her better:

"I would feel more comfortable taking you home myself. I don't want you to go home by yourself tonight," he said looking over her eyes.

Her (y/n's eye color) eyes looked back at his under her long lashes; her bottom lip slightly tucked under her teeth in contemplation.

Nodding her head slowly, he led the way, as she followed him outside. Parked in the valet driveway was a dark-grey, 2020 Audi A7, with black tinted windows.

Opening the passenger side door for her, y/n sat comfortably in the smooth, black leather seat. After closing her door, Mr. O'Hara walked slowly to the other side. The interior of the car was dark, except for a few automatic system lights turned on.

Once he finally got in, he quickly put his seatbelt on, pressing the ignition button, and speedily exiting onto the main road.

The car was silent except for the sound of the hard rain falling onto the car's exterior.