𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 • 𝟕

Y/n's break was ending, with about 5 minutes left, she decided to head downstairs to the lobby area to get a drink from the small café

Once downstairs, she queued in the order line with just another customer in-front of her.

"Hey, what can I get you," the young male barista asked.

"Just a medium mocha machiatto latte please."

"Sure. Comes to $7.50."

"K one sec," she said fumbling through her blazer pockets to try to find a card or some cash."Shoot! I left my wallet upstairs. I'll be right back–

"It's cool, I got it," cut in Ahmed coming out of no-where, pulling out his credit card. Before y/n could even turn down his offer, he was already tapping the card on the machine.

"I'll pay you back when–

"When I said I got it, I got it. Okayy," he dragged out a bit trying to be goofy. Y/n wasn't in the mood. She was tired, swamped with work, and was probably going to have to stay late tonight. And on top of that, she still felt weird about Ahmed trying to kiss her at the event Saturday.

"Thank you Ahmed," she said sincerely. "But the money will be back on your desk tomorrow."

"We'll see about that," he said with that little smile of his that was so contagious, y/n couldn't help but smile back at him.

They moved to the pick-up area, and just stood next to each-other awkwardly for a few moments before Ahmed spoke up again.

"Sooo... how've you been?"

Y/n laughed a bit, "I just saw you the other day."

"Well, how are you today, and be honest," he said with a jokingly stern voice.

"I'm okayy, busy, a bit tired I guess."

"I guess your teams just as swamped as mine," he said looking at her a bit more attentively now.

Noticing, she just pretended that she was paying attention for her order. "If you can even call it a 'team'." They both just dryly laughed, until the conversation fell into another awkward silence.

"Y/n I... I just wanna say I'm sorry about Saturday. I was drunk, and really just overstepped the boundaries," Ahmed said, as he looked down a little, not quite meeting her eyes.

"It's okay, honestly," y/n said, holding back a smile seeing how shy and cute he looked.

"So we're good," he asked looking back up at her.

"Yeah," she responded smiling, as he just looked at her the same, if not even happier.

"My rides here, yeah, but uhhh... maybe just text me later to let me know you got home, alright?"

"For sure."

"Aight, see you later. Don't work too hard," he said laughing a bit as he walked towards the front entrance.