Merciless Rain

Ch. 15

Merciless rain

[Leahs POV]

   I'm sitting directly across from Logan and I'm really trying not to look at him. I can't help it. I look at his short handsome brown hair. That resembles sheer silk. I Allow myself another glance and see his chocolate brown eyes looking straight into mine. I see his dimples as he chews his cereal... He's so handsome... sigh.....He suddenly smiles at me, and my lips instinctively curl upwards. I can't hide my feelings for him. My smile begins to fade.  Your a failure. Why would he want someone like you especially when hes so handsome enough to get someone like Ariel? Or Denia? Or Jasmine? Your just a girl without a past. Never had one, never will. 

[Logans POV]

   I look at Leah and am about to say something when I hear light foot steps coming into the kitchen. They stop suddenly and I turn around and look over my shoulder. Standing there is Ariel, face contorted in pain. Her hair is messed up like some ravage bird had come and tried to attack it. I am suprised by the fact that shes wearing a black T-shirt and some shorts while it is so cold. I hear a sharp in take of breath coming from the other side of the table. I turn back to look at Leah. She is gazing at the floor trying to hard avoid eye contact. I turn back to Ariel. She has her lips pursed and I can see it in her eyes, the new pain. I see tears about to spill when she starts walking fast towards the door. She must be crazy to go out in the cold like that. I get up from my chair and walk outside. 

   "Logan, please go back inside." she asks calmy. She doesn't turn around, so all I can see of her is her very long hair. 

   "Ariel, come inside, your being ridiculous! Do you want to freeze to death?" 

   She laughs coldly. 

   "Just go inside Logan. I don't want you to get hurt." Me? Get hurt? Like that'll ever happen.

   "Ariel, I am 6 feet tall, and my biceps are as big as your head... and your what? Like 5 foot 9? And you're so skinny, you will probably freeze out here without a jacket." 

   "Logan, please... I..." her voice sounds so lost, so helpless. "I just need to be alone." 

   I sigh. 

[Leahs POV]

   I knew I was right. If he didn't like Ariel, he wouldn't be out there giving her his jacket right now. I get up and shake my head. How could I have even been stupid enough to like him? 

[Ariels POV] 

   I watch as Logan goes back inside. It was really nice of him to give me his jacket, he'll make Leah happy. 

(flashback)

   I walk down the hall of bedrooms and stop in front of mine, listening. I can hear the low breathing of a sleeping Tristan. Perfect, he wouldn't see me fall apart. I quickly change into the first and easiest thing I find. I scrawl a note on a paper for later. Don't let Leah be Unhappy..."I leave the note on the side of my bed, kiss Tristan on the forehead, and leave.

(end of flashback) 

   I walk the half mile or so up to the lake. I hope that I get to take my friends up here during the summer. This is actually the first time I have ever been here. I look around at the crystal water, showing the reflection of the grey clouds above. I see the beautiful ripples of rain drops everywhere as they fall at a fast pace, wetting everything. I take off Logans jacket and put it on a shrub. I look at my reflection. My red hair is now soaking wet and my green eyes are lifeless, accompanied by the frown that seems frozen to my face. They say that water cleanses the mind, body, and spirit. They say that it can deliver you, you can be born again, and that with water comes new life. Maybe that's what I was thinking when I walked in.