heartfelt

Ch. 19

Heartfelt 

[Tristans POV] 

"sh..." I say, a smile forming on my lips. 

Ariel continues to laugh, I look down and see her green eyes, filled with light and happiness. 

"are you going to tell your dad?" I say. 

"he already knows... He sent me a little party in my dreams." I chuckle at this... I am glad that Ariel is getting along with her father... Even though sometimes I am still angry with him for leaving, he had his reasons.

"Tristan... What if we never get out of here? What if we have to hide forever?" 

I think about this... The possibility that we could be stuck here never really occurred to me... I always imagined that our lives would be perfect... Ariel, Leah, and I. 

"I don't know..." 

"or what if I get sold at the auction, or you do? Then we may never see each other again!" 

"the auction isn't for..."

"another few weeks. That's it. That might be all we have together." 

"don't think about it like that..." 

"how the heck am I supposed to think about it, Tristan? We are engaged now... What is the point when we will never see each other again?

"you will probably find someone else..." I whisper. I watch her face fall flat, as she looks up at me with a sad expression. 

"don't ever say that... I may not be the only one for you, but you are the only one for me..." she trails off. As the sun rises, I notice that the storm has calmed considerably, and it is now just raining. 

I lean down, and plant a gentle, passionate, kiss on Ariels soft lips. For one moment, the only thing I am aware of is her. Her soft lips against mine, her fragile body lying on top of mine, the way that she always smells... A mix of pomegranate and vanilla... The heat of her silky smooth skin. 

I pull away softly, looking deep into her eyes. 

"I will always love you no matter what..." I say, and start kissing trails of small pecks down her jaw, her neck. 

"you know how I feel..."

[Leahs POV] 

"Leah...Leah..... LEAH!" I am awakened by the harsh whisper of... Blade. 

"what!?!?" I ask, covering my face from the unwelcome light that peers in through the window. 

"It's Ariel..." I suddenly shoot up, all my senses on alert.

"what happened? Is she ok?" 

"she's fine... She woke up." it takes a moment for his words to set in... Ariel.... Is AWAKE! I jump up, hugging Blade and running out the door. 

I run so fast that I almost pass Ariels door. 

"Ariel..." I breath out, turning swiftly in. Only then do I see the other 8 people in the room. 

Ariel is laying in bed, tucked tightly under the covers. She wears a t-shirt and her long red hair has been pulled neatly back into a pony tail. Her akin is radiant, as if reflecting the sudden rays of sun that come through the window. Her green eyes are full of happiness, peace. She gives me an awkward wave and a half smile. I can see though, her eyes filled with pain...

"Ariel, I am so glad you are awake." Jasmine sits at the end of the bed smiling a huge smile at Ariel. 

"yea, I was starting to think you would never wake up! " Blade says walking in behind me.