Chapter 7: Hanging out

Rosemary's POV

I was playing poker with my father. He taught me everything about this game that I even became better than him. I won against him and some Barb-a-loots and then I heard my lo- I MEAN! Onceler coming back with his thneed.

"Hello! How did it go?" I said running to him.

"Uuh, we'll not so good. But it's the first time. Nothing can become something great at first" he said wiping some tomato from his cheek.

"Is that tomato?" I asked smelling at it.

"Yes, some kids through it to me. But no big deal" Onceler said.

I could feel he was a little sad, so back to his tent I helped him to clean his face and shirt. After that we hanged out, just how I promised to him.

"Comparing where I live, this place is the actual paradise" Onceler said.

"I know, when I got here for the first time I had the same thoughts as you" I said

"When did you get here?" he asked me.

"I was just a teen girl, my parents sent me here and I had to find a place to live. But when I saw this forest, I couldn't stop myself from felling in love with its beauty" I said looking at the sky remembering my 14 year old self finding the forest.

"Why your parents send you here? From what I can tell with your accent, you are like...Scottish right?" he asked. My smile faded away.

"They didn't actually send me here....they sent me far away from them. We were a first class family and they got mad at me because I used to sneak out to see the pack of wolves, eating, playing with their cubs...I even played with them since I treated them so good. For them was unacceptable and I refused to change, so....my...."father" sent me away from Scotland" I said looking at the ground.

"I'm...sorry, I shouldn't have asked..... but..... I understand you" he said looking at the ground too.

"You do?" I said looking at him.

"My family never believed in me. My mother used to say I would never become successful since I was a child. That hurt my feelings through all my childhood and teenage years. So weeks ago, I decided to leave" Onceler said.

I was hurt seeing him sad, his family never treated him properly, not even his mother, who is supposed to support her son no matter what, but instead, she just crushed his feelings, just like my parents.

"Wow.....guess our families are the worst....well, in my case they were" I said

"Did they already die?" he asked.

"Oh yeah, maybe 152 years ago" I said and the Onceler looked at me shocked.

"152 years?!?! Wait, how old are you?" he asked still giving me that shocked look.

"I'm 26 years old. Don't you remember? I told you I get old every 16 years. It has passed 192 years since I got here, but for me, just 12 years old. If you were a Wolfwalker, you would feel how years pass so fast" I said chuckling a little.

"Yeah....Hey, why did you say that you needed to fix the bite before it was too late? Before what?" Onceler asked looking at his right wrist.

"Well....if I hadn't fix it in time, you would become a Wolfwalker too. My powers can be passed if I bite someone. But don't worry, you are out of the possibilities of being one. If my father would know I turn you into one, he will be mad at me and maybe pulling you out of the forest for serious" I said smiling nervously at him.

"Maybe I would scare him off" he said making a sign of claws with his hands and I laughed.

"Believe me, from all the times I scared him as a she wolf, I think he got used to" I laughed as he also laughed.

"Can't believe that meatloaf made you become a wolf! I mean, you do scare but not in a bad way, like in a cool way! No wonder people don't chop down trees in all years, you scared the hell out of them" Onceler said, making me blush. It's sweet he doesn't see me like a monster.

"Believe it or not, he did! But stop calling him meatloaf" I chuckled.

"Ok ok, I will stop" he said laughing nervously.

We kept talking for 2 more hours until the moon was starting to rise.

"I might go back to my tent. Is getting cold and tomorrow I have to go to the town and try to sell my thneed again" Once said as we got up.

"Oh ok. Maybe tomorrow we can do other things!" I said happily

"Sure, it's nice having a friend like you. You are funny Rose. Well, see you later!" he said hugging me, which made me blush again but hugged him back and Onceler started walking away. I looked at him and smile to myself as I walked away as well, first checking on the creatures and finally going back to my cave to sleep and start keeping an eye on the forest.