-Dependency and Empathy-

Based on season 2, episode 19 - "Ashes and dust".

The musical noise of a room as busy as a bar on a Saturday night can become quite blaring once you've reached the outstanding performance of sleeping ten hours in the last three days

The musical noise of a room as busy as a bar on a Saturday night can become quite blaring once you've reached the outstanding performance of sleeping ten hours in the last three days. Nevertheless, her moral was as up as it can be, waiting patiently at the bar for her turn. Weary people can become quite inattentive as others were roaming around her, but this wasn't the place, nor the time to lose focus. Four cameras in each corner and two on top of the bar. Two bouncers. One at the entry, one next to the DJ booth. And the barman. As vigilant as always.

"The usual?" he finally asked as loud as possible to cover up the noise, as he bent over the bar to reach closer to her ear.

"Make it a double this time."

He raised his left brow in concern, knowing that she hasn't done it in a while, though he complied after taking one last look at her. She looked good. Fine. Polished. After all, she did diligently spend an hour or two to get ready before coming out here.

As his hands carefully moved around the many bottles around him, she went to check in the surroundings one last time, stirring in her seat once the subtle noise the tall glass made once it met the bar table. The one big advantage of a party late at night is that people usually are intoxicated enough not to see or care of what's happening around them, so she managed to take out an one hundred dollar bill, while positioning her arm on the table just on top of the napkin and in one swift move she dragged it out to catch it in the other hand, quickly dropping it in the bag as she took her drink and left the bar. Two sips later, she discarded it on a random table and left. The night was young and so was hers.

As she finally managed to reach her car in the busy parking lot, she took a careful look at her belongings she had in her bag. The wrinkled napkin was placed on top of every single one of her contents, a small transparent zip lock bag making its way out once her hand got in and started whispering. One, two, three, four... Ten fucking pills. What a night! What a successful night!

It is rather unusual for a morning person to sleep until noon, or for a night owl to go to bed as early as little past midnight, though Eleanor wasn't any of those things. She did, however, succeed in sleeping for nine hours straight, unbothered by any noise or loud thought, as she remarkably managed to have an unhurried morning routine before being called out on a case.

It was almost tradition for JJ to arrive early to prepare the conference room for the upcoming case before the rest of the team arrives, and although Eleanor was rather new to everyone else, she did surprised them by arriving twenty minutes earlier than supposed to and in a good mood contrary to her disconnected self. "Had a good half a weekend, Eleanor?" she asked in a placid tone, placing a hand on her shoulder to gain her attention. She hummed smiling at the friendly blonde, always so warm and polite to everyone, even including her.