-Simultaneity-

Based on season 3, episode 9 - "Penelope".

Spencer Reid had been turning his own mind upside down for the last twenty-four hours, the prominent bliss of his extraordinary memory becoming his downfall with every second that passed

Spencer Reid had been turning his own mind upside down for the last twenty-four hours, the prominent bliss of his extraordinary memory becoming his downfall with every second that passed. Submerging into the archive room in the basement, drowned by files and outdated lists, and most importantly, deprived of Garcia's sorcery, he figured he needed somewhat of a similar help. Considering his complete and utter refuse of dealing with technology, he sought aid in the closest variant he could get: Derek Morgan.

Now Morgan was far from being a computer geek either, though his navigating skills had brought him renowned success on the social media when it comes to lady-talking. Therefore, for browsing on Facebook, he was the right call. "Are you sure this is her?" Spencer leaned forward, pushing his face closer to the laptop. The bullpen was a quiet escape for this plan at this kind of hour, everyone either too busy to get out of their offices or already left.

"Yup," Derek answered with striking confidence, gluing together all the information he's gotten in the search menu. "She's the only Valerie that's also from New York and a college student. She's a freshman at Boston and look-" He pointed out to the screen after stopping scrolling through her profile. "Annie Lee Waldridge said 'Happy birthday, honey! I wish you become an eminent doctor!'. Do you know who Annie Lee is?"

Spencer couldn't quite remove his eyes from the screen, all those puzzle pieces he refused to acknowledge were starting to match together. Valerie Laurent was a nineteen-years-old young woman who looked nothing alike any of those young girls in the family portrait, so nothing alike Eleanor, nor the parents. "So this is Len's sister, huh?" Derek teased him, his flirty banter not being on the same wave length with Spencer's spirit. "I'm joking! She's nineteen! She's a kid!" Pushing past his giggles and unwanted jokes, Spencer took control of the search, continuing to look through her posts. "Are you sure she's nineteen?" Derek only nodded, pointing him out to look through her albums, few of her most recent ones being from her eighteenth birthday a year ago. "Lavish!" Derek exclaimed rhetorically as Spencer scrolled through pictures of teenagers swimming in large amounts of alcohol at an expensive bar in the middle of New York.

Though Spencer didn't stop until he found what he was looking for. At Valerie's high school graduation. A family photo. One with Eleanor in it as well. And just as expected, the parents didn't fit the shoes of the ones in her at-home-picture either. Lookswise, they were complete opposites. Derek's curiosity had been stirred as well, and even though he was still kept very much in the dark by Spencer's true suspicions, he followed through carefully as the photo in question led them to the account of Simon Laurent M.D., internist at Lenox Hill Hospital.

"I don't get it," Derek protested after analyzing the situation for the last few minutes. "What's the big deal? Maybe her mother remarried this man and had Valerie-"