-Impurities and Dirty Dolls-

Based on season 3, episode 5 - "Seven seconds".

Spencer had read that letter again and again and again trying to comprehend Gideon's abrupt leaving

Spencer had read that letter again and again and again trying to comprehend Gideon's abrupt leaving. He thought the similarity of situations between him and his father would minimize the pain, the anger, the confusion, yet he was battling those feelings once again. Roaming through his apartment with the letter still in his hand, he felt a massive sense of exasperation as reality hit him. He carefully folded the letter, placing it in his pocket as he took his phone, dialing the very cause of his maddening state.

Eleanor had fidgeted with her phone for a while, the display showing Gideon's number as she laid on the bed, eyes fixated on the ceiling. After a while of swimming in nothingness, she returned to reality, dialing his phone number. "You have reached Jason Gideon. Leave a message." Then there was the pause. The loud, deafening, unbearable pause when your mind leaves you to pray for your destructive feelings and nightmares. All of them coming true at once.

"Hey. It- it's me. I know you probably won't listen to this... I have thought about what you said and you were right. We once talked about it - I don't know if you remember but, - You told me that one has to recognize the right moment to leave. When to let go. But the problem is- I'm terrified of letting you go." A solitary tear separated itself from the overcrowded rest conglomerated at her waterline, seemingly fading away at the contact with the soft mattress. "I guess I'm learning about how to miss you without wanting you back in my life. Because I have a feeling that I won't see you again. And that's what kills me."

There were a couple of seconds before finishing the call when she thought of going on. Pushing through. Screaming like a child abandoned by their parents. Because, at the end of the day, Eleanor was nothing more. Years had went by and she remained in the same place. Abandoned by her family. Wondering why did God give her the curse of remaining on the side of Earth instead of being with them. Now, that feeling had returned. Yet, someone dared to push her from the disarray of thoughts.

When Eleanor had opened the door, Spencer's fury laid heavy on top of the loneliness that her apartment exuded. Although it was the middle of the day, the rooms were filled with darkness and depression, a few rays of light timidly making their way past the heavy curtains. There sat Eleanor, in the middle of the room, surrounded by subtle glimmers that announced her presence in the room, her face, fighting similar emotions as him, was concealed by shadows.

"You knew about this, didn't you? About the whole thing!" Spencer wandered aimlessly around her living room. He felt his face grow red in anger, his pupils dilated as Eleanor avoided drowning into them at all costs, sitting still timidly. His presence was the last thing she'd wish for.