𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

August 13th, Montreal, Canada

My mom had disappeared to a hotel room for the last day, an attempt to let us both cool down, and for her to go through the last legal actions on last time.

"Everything is sent to the attorney's office," My mom closes a map and hands them to me. "These are copies of everything that's sent to them."

I take the papers for my mom's outstretched hand, glancing at them briefly before tucking them into my bag, "Thank you," I mutter and give her a small smile.

"It was no problem."

"We're glad you could help." My dad says, laying a hand on my shoulder and standing behind me.

The tension between my mother and I thickens, and I can feel the awkwardness hanging in the air. I never had a secret for my dad, and right now, it feels as if I have to carry this secret for the rest of my life, because my mother wants me to.

"So, you're directly going back to Denver?"

My mom's eyes widen a bit, a silent gesture to me to shut up, but she follows her eye-expression with a smile, "Yes, I'll be returning to Denver tonight."

"Why are you going back so soon?" I ask, my voice tinged with a little frustration. "What's the rush?"

My dad squeezes my shoulder gently, "Your mom has a job in Denver, Maya. We should be happy she flew out to help us with this case."

"And I'll do anything for my daughter."

"Anything?" I scoff. "Are you sure about that?"

"Maya, please," My mom's eyes give me another silent plea, I roll my eyes and cross my arms in front of me.

"We will sort everything out, Maya. Let your mother go back to her job and to Theo." My dad squeezes my shoulder a second time.

I shake my head and walk away, "Increíble." I mutter under my breath. (Unbelievable)

August 14th, Montreal, Canada

Ping. Ping. Ping.

Lance

It's raining

I googled it, and it will be raining
the whole day.

Do you watch the sunsets with this weather?

No, I don't go watch a sunset
in the rain. Are you crazy?

Noted. No sunsets in the rain.

Wanna watch a movie instead?

I want to see something with
you. And if we can't watch the
sunset, I believe a movie is the
best second option.